𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

"THERE GOES THE GOLD," JJ MUTTERED AS THEY WATCHED THE PLANE

"THERE GOES THE GOLD," JJ MUTTERED AS THEY WATCHED THE PLANE. Bree almost didn't believe her eyes. It took her a moment to process what was happening, and then she realized that it was gone. The gold was gone. They had lost to Ward fucking Cameron.

"Shit!" Pope exclaimed as the Maybank boy kicked a trash can. He chucked something into the wall as hard as he possibly could, and it made a very loud crash. "Fuck!"

Kie turned to him with concern in her eyes. "Pope!"

"God damn it! Shit! Fuck! Shit! Damn it!" the Heyward boy kept yelling, grabbing a bat from behind a piece of scrap metal and hitting everything that he could find with it violently.

"Pope!" the Bree girl shouted, trying to get him to stop, but he did not seem to hear her because he just picked up a trash can and threw it as he grunted. She repeated, "Pope!"

He finally calmed down a bit, his breathing heavy as he slumped down on the bench he was sitting on before. They approached, and JJ said, "Yeah, dude. I was wondering when this was gonna happen." He then reached out a vape to the boy. "Here you go, chief. A little weed never hurt no one."

"Actually, it's hurt a lot of people," the Callaway girl snapped back at him, and he gave her a strange look, not used to seeing her that hostile. She just sighed and sent him an apologetic look. She was just really upset that they had lost the gold.

"JJ," the raven-haired girl warned the blonde boy as Pope eyed the object in his hand with an expression that looked like he was really tempted to take it. "You know he doesn't smoke."

He took it anyway though, and rolled the vape around in his fingers as if contemplating whether or not he should do it. The Maybank boy shrugged, "Well, maybe not until today."

"Pope. Yeah, what is that gonna help?" she asked him as JJ slid down next to him.

"I lost my scholarship," he informed them, causing all of them to freeze and stare at him with confused expressions on their faces. They had just assumed that the interview went bad. "Walked out in the middle of the interview. Every — It's gone. It's not gonna happen."