𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

	"THIS IS THE NORTH DRAIN," JJ INFORMED THEM THE NEXT DAY

"THIS IS THE NORTH DRAIN," JJ INFORMED THEM THE NEXT DAY. He brought them to some really gross and muddy drain that was full of trash. " It should've gotten washed into the gully. So, if it got flushed out from this drain, it would've been pushed out to, like—"

"Somewhere in this trash," Pope finished for him as they stared at all of the plastic bags and bottles that were in the water below them. Bree pictured all of the turtles and birds that could get caught in them, and she had to force herself to stop so that she could focus on the task at hand.

Kie sighed, and she looked like she was in physical pain from the sight. "Oh, my God. People who use plastic should be shot."

"Okay, personally, I love plastic," JJ told them, and they knew that he was just trying to make Kiara mad. "Use it every day. Love the stuff."

"Hopefully, you recycle it and don't let it flush into the ocean," the Carrera girl said.

Pope smiled a little bit before holding something up for the girls to see. "I thought you'd say something like that, so...trash bags."

"Did you just proactively protect the environment?" the raven-haired girl questioned with a small smile, and the other two teenagers looked to each other because they could both sense the chemistry that was going on between their friends.

The blonde boy raised his eyebrows at them, gesturing between the two with a somewhat awkward expression, and Bree knew that he was about to make everything weird.. "You want me to leave you two alone, or what's going on?"

"Can you ever just shut up?" the Callaway girl muttered to him after not-so-subtly elbowing him in the side. He groaned slightly and prepared to answer when she cut him off. "Just pick up the trash."

They spent the next half an hour searching through all of the trash around them and then packing it into trash bags. Bree was not going to lie. Being in the slimy water was not her favorite thing in the world despite the fact that they were saving the planet. Pope sighed when they did not find anything. "If it's not in the trash, then it's gotta be in the storm drain."

"It's in...It's in the drain," the blonde boy confirmed, causing them all to groan because they knew that someone was going to have to climb in there and find it. The first thing they had to do was open up the grate. "Good thing I brought the crow."