𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

"LOOK, HE'LL COME AROUND, ALL RIGHT?" JOHN B ASSURED HIS FRIENDS

"LOOK, HE'LL COME AROUND, ALL RIGHT?" JOHN B ASSURED HIS FRIENDS. They were at the Wreck, discussing the plans for the gold, but it all felt wrong, doing it without JJ with them. "It's...He's doing a JJ thing."

"You think he'll go home?" Kie questioned curiously.

Pope shook his head as he leaned against the window and stared out at the ocean, watching as the waves crashed onto the sand. "There's about a zero percent chance that JJ goes home."

"You okay?" the Routledge boy asked his girlfriend who was kind of staring at nothing, zoned out. It seemed like something was bothering her, but he couldn't tell what.

"Yeah," she nodded before looking back up at him. "Are you?"

He shrugged, staring down at the table with a small smile. "I mean, I'm in one piece, so..."

"Okay. It's too dangerous to pawn this thing off piecemeal. So, our best bet is to go down there and get the rest of it. Bring it all up at once. Put it in a safe or a vault or something. I don't know. Just until we can find someone who won't rip us off. I can go figure it out tonight, I can get it done, and we can be out there as early as tomorrow morning," the Heyward boy told them, changing the subject back to the task at hand.

"All right, let's do it," John B said, "Let's go."

Sarah turned to him with raised eyebrows, and she reminded him of something, a reason that he couldn't go tomorrow morning. "What about that thing with my dad?"

"Shit," the brunette boy muttered.

The other three furrowed their eyebrows, and Bree asked, "What thing?"

"I have to go fishing with Ward," he explained, and all of their jaws dropped in disbelief. He made it seem like it was something really important, but it was four-hundred million freaking dollars in gold for fuck's sake.

Pope leaned on the table and rolled his eyes while Kie quizzed, "You can't get 400 mil because you're gonna go kill fish?"

"Look, I have to go, okay? He saved me, all right? If it weren't for Ward, I'd be in foster care," the Routledge boy sighed despite their protests against it. "So...I have to go. Plus, it'll be better to do it at night. Right?"