𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

POPE PULLED THE BANDANA OFF THE WEAPON WHEN THEY GOT TO THE SHERIFF'S STATION

POPE PULLED THE BANDANA OFF THE WEAPON WHEN THEY GOT TO THE SHERIFF'S STATION. Shoupe looked like he did not know what to say as he looked between the gun and the teenagers. "So y'all are telling me this is the firearm Rafe Cameron killed Peterkin with? And the exact same firearm that Ward just used to kill Gavin?"

"That's exactly what we're telling you," the Maybank boy answered quickly and without hesitation.

"And where's that corpse again?" he questioned with raised eyebrows before informing them, "I checked the hospital. I went by his house. He was out."

Bree groaned, sitting back in her chair and crossing her legs. "No shit, 'cause he's dead."

"Listen to yourself. It makes perfect sense," Kie pointed out, and they were all shouting at the same time as Pope just gave the man a 'seriously?' look. There was no way that he was that fucking stupid. No one was that fucking stupid. All he had to do was open an investigation and figure out that Gavin was dead. Then, he would have all the proof he needed.

He countered, "Just because he's not in his damn home does not mean he was a victim of a homicide."

"Are you at least gonna send it in for ballistics and shit, or are you just gonna sit on your ass?" Kie questioned as Bree ran an extremely frustrated hand through her hair.

She could no believe that he was not believing them after everything they went through to get that weapon. Kie almost drownded for fuck's sake. She mumbled, "This has got to be some sort of set up."

"He'll sit there and wax that mustache. Is that even real?" the Maybank boy yelled, whipping his hat off his head like he usually did when he was angry about something.

Pope just got all up in the blonde boy's face and ordered, "Shut up, JJ!"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I hurt his feelings?" he asked sarcastically as Shoupe made his way to the door of his office and opened it for them, and Bree already knew what he was doing. He was fucking kicking them out. After everything they did that day to convince him, he was kicking them out of the building.

"Get out. I got work to do," he demanded, his voice annoyed and angry despite the fact that the tennagers were moer annoyed and more angry than he was. "Y'all are smelling up my damn office."