𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

	BREE WAS IN CLASS, WORKING ON AN TEST WHEN THE DOOR OPENED

BREE WAS IN CLASS, WORKING ON AN TEST WHEN THE DOOR OPENED. They all looked up at the sound to see a man in a suit standing there, holding an envelope in his hand. He looked to their teacher. "Mr. Sunn, can I borrow Pope for a minute?"

"We're in the middle of a test right now," he whispered, getting out of his chair and walking over to the man so that they could talk in low voices so as to not disturb the 'hard-working' students while the four teenagers looked at each other in confusion. What did he want with Pope?

The next thing the man said kind of answered the question that they were all thinking. "I'm from the Vanderhorst Foundation." It was about his scholarship.

"Mr. Heyward, it's for you," Mr. Sunn called when he realized who the man was.

Kie and Bree made confused faces at each other, wondering what the Vanderhorst man had to say after Pope walked out on the interview. The Heyward boy just stood and walked toward the door, the man leading him out but not before telling the teacher, "Thank you." As they walked out, they heard him greet, "It's good to see you, Pope."

"What's that all about?" JJ mouthed to the Callaway girl who just shrugged.

"Eyes on our paper, Mr. Maybank," the teacher ordered, noticing the interaction between the two friends as he sat down. He then looked to the girl. "Miss Callaway, stop giving him answers."

After a moment of talking with the man outside, Pope came back into the classroom quickly with an envelope in his hand as he sat down at his seat. He looked pretty spooked about something. Kie furrowed her eyebrows at him and asked, "Okay, Pope, what was that?" He held up the envelope so that they could see the wax stamp on it. JJ leaned across, like, three people so that he could see since he was in a completely different corner of the room. "Is that the wheat symbol?"

"Yeah," he confirmed.

"What the f—" the Maybank boy started, but when Mr. Sunn whipped his head around to look at him, he paused. He finished, "fu—fudge." Bree facepalmed because the teacher was probably more upset about the fact that he was talking during a test than the fact that he almost cursed.