𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

"WHAT NOW?" JJ QUESTIONED, LOOKING AROUND AT HIS FRIENDS

"WHAT NOW?" JJ QUESTIONED, LOOKING AROUND AT HIS FRIENDS. They were outside of the Cameron's house, in their boat next to My Druthers, the huge boat that was owned by Ward. "We just go up to the front door and ask, 'Hey, have you seen John B?'"

They hadn't heard from the Routledge boy since he stole the gun and left the Chateau. Kie responded hesitantly, "Look, he lives at Tannyhill now. It's plausible."

"I seriously doubt he would come back here unless it was to kill Ward," Bree piped in, not that she thought John B was truly capable of murder, but she was trying to think about what she would do in that situation.

Kie suggested, "Look, we can play dumb."

"Play dumb?" JJ asked, confused. Maybe if they pretended like they didn't know that Ward killed Big John, then they might stand a chance of not making the man suspicious if they asked where their friend was.

"Look, I've never seen John B like that," Kie said, glancing at all of them who could say the same. That was the first time they had seen the boy act like that. "We should honestly be going to the cops."

The Maybank boy scoffed. "The cops — Yeah, and say what, Kie? We're worried about our friend because he's going off on a rampage because Ward Cameron killed Big John? Like, they're not gonna believe us!"

"Hey, I see Ward," Pope announced, and they turned to him to see that he had some binoculars held up to his eyes, and he was pointing them toward one of the windows to the house.

The Carrera girl walked over to him and reach out her hand, taking them away from him and holding them up to her own face so that she could see what he was seeing. "Let me see."

"Doesn't look dead to me," the Heyward boy shrugged, and he sounded like he was in a rush. "Let's go home."

"Wait, what?" Bree asked him as the others furrowed their eyebrows and whipped their heads around to watch him as he got behind the wheel. Why was he brushing this off like it was nothing?

He just threw his arms up in the air in frustration. "Uh... Okay. Obviously, Mr. Cameron is fine, and even if John B was here, he isn't now, okay? Plus, I have the biggest, most important moment of my life in six hours."