𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

BREE AND JJ WERE SITTING IN THE AMBULANCE THEY STOLE FROM RICKY

BREE AND JJ WERE SITTING IN THE AMBULANCE THEY STOLE FROM RICKY. They were waiting for a call from the detention center to let them know that it was time to go pick up John B when a police vehicle began pulling up beside them. Bree muttered, "Shit."

"Just act cool. Act normal," he told her, leaning back in his seat and resting his head on his knuckle in his attempt to look like an actual EMT. He was falling miserably.

The officer pulled up beside them, and his window was open just like there's. They sat there awkwardly for a second before he spoke up, causing both of them to wince because they were hoping that he would just stay silent. "Hmm. I hate when it's slow like this, you know?"

"Tell me about it, man," the blonde boy responded, and Bree just looked out the other window and tried to hide her face in case the officer recognized them.

"Hey, what happened to Ricky?" he questioned with raised eyebrows, and it seemed like JJ's cousin was known around there. "He bang out?"

The Maybank boy started to stutter for a second, so the Callaway girl was forced to lean over him and answer the man for him before he blew their cover. "Something like that."

"One three Eddie. We got an unknown at KC Detention," a voice on their radio informed them, and they breathed out a sigh in relief when they realized that it was time to go get John B.

"Uh, yeah, ten-four. I'll be right there. Thank you so much. Over," JJ spoke into the radio, and both he and the girl furrowed their eyebrows at each other when he thanked the woman on the other end, Why was he being so weird? He then turned back to the officer. "Duty calls. I'll see you later, Officer. Uh, you have a good night, though, okay?"

They were about to leave, free of the questioning from the police officer when he said something that made them both freeze. "Hold up. I got nothing to do. I'll pace you." They just shrugged at each other and kept going.

"It's straight ahead to the transfer bay," the man in the booth informed them once they reached the detention center. The officer that paced them had left them there to collect their 'patient.'