𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

	"THEY'RE FANCY PEOPLE," KIE INFORMED THEM ONCE THEY PULLED UP TO THE HOUSE

"THEY'RE FANCY PEOPLE," KIE INFORMED THEM ONCE THEY PULLED UP TO THE HOUSE. They had finally reached Charleston, and they were about twelve hours late. They were praying that they were not going to be punished for that. "They've had three governors in the family. They've run Charleston for, like, three hundred years."

JJ nodded as they all stared out at the huge house that was in front of them. "These Kooks make our Kooks look like Pogues. You sure this is the place, Pope?"

"Pretty sure," the Heyward boy answered.

Bree, who was sick of being stuffed in this middle, began to push JJ out of the vehicle despite the fact that the door was still closed. "Let's go. Let's go."

"All right," he responded, opening the door, and they all climbed out and began to approach the building. "Fat City, for sure."

"Twenty-seven King Street," Pope told them, holding up the letter that was sent to him to compare the addresses and make sure that they were at the right house.

The Maybank boy looked up at the the very tall and spiky gate that kept anyone from climbing over it and onto the property without getting seriously injured. "Talk about home security. Are those spikes to keep people out?"

"No," the Callaway girl responded when she saw something and put all the piece together. She pointed to a spot on the property. "Look, the slave quarters are over there."

"These spikes were to keep people in," the Heyward boy added with a sigh. Then, they made their way through the unlocked gate and up the front porch steps of the house. The impacts echoed when Pope hit the door with the large locker on it. They waited nervously for someone to open the door, and he questioned, "Think that was too much?"

"It echoed the entire house. That's for sure. So they definitely heard it," the blonde boy told him.

Kie suggested with a shrug, "Maybe nobody's home." So, he began knocking again for good measure, and in the middle of the third time, the door swung open to reveal a very creepy man. Bree did not want to judge, but he did not look like the kind of man to live in that huge or a house.