𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"HE SAID IT LOOKED SOMETHING LIKE THIS," KIE TOLD SARAH AND BREE

"HE SAID IT LOOKED SOMETHING LIKE THIS," KIE TOLD SARAH AND BREE. They were all in the Twinkie, analyzing the sheet that had the plan to get the rest of the gold while the boys, John B and Pope, were figuring out the best way to build the machine. So, I guess this little wagon will go...straight to the gold room."

They giggled as she explained it, pointing at the pictures as Sarah laughed out, "Who drew this?"

"Who do you think?" the raven-haired girl responded, and they all looked through the window to see Pope staring back at them. Bree just smiled and waved at him, causing him to do the same to her.

"Kie! This better work," JJ called to the girl as he walked over to the vehicle that they were in. He dropped the gold bars onto the ground in front of them and leaned against the open door. "We can't pawn this if there's a giant what symbol on it."

She picked up the blowtorch and held it up. "It's gonna work."

Bree watched curiously next to the Maybank boy as Kie melted down the gold in a pot. Sarah, who was leaning against a tree and holding onto John B's arm, smiled excitedly at them, and they returned the gesture.

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein," JJ commented sarcastically, staring down at the gold in his hands as they pulled up to the pawn shop and he climbed out of the van, Kie on his tail.

She glared at him. "Like you could've done any better."

"I could have done much better," he replied smugly while the rest of the group got out of the Twinkie and watched them argue with entertained looks. "I took a welding class."

"When?" she quizzed with an annoyed expression on her face.

John B approached them, putting a hand out to calm them down as he stepped in between the two bickering teenagers that were his friends. "Chill out, okay?"

"That's easy for you to say. You're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off," the blonde boy told him, holding up the blob of gold, and Kie threw her hands up in the air. "How did I get this job anyway?"

"'Cause you're the best liar," Pope answered as they followed him into the pawn shop. The bell rung as they opened the door, alerting the woman that someone had just walked him.