𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

KIE GROANED AS THEY SAT IN THE BED OF TRUCK

KIE GROANED AS THEY SAT IN THE BED OF TRUCK. They had stopped so that they could figure out the plan and everything and so that Pope could look at a map. "My parents are so paranoid of me being a Pogue, like it's the worst thing that could ever happen."

Needless to say, her parents were not particularly thrilled that she was skipping half of the school day, despite the fact that one of those periods was a free one. Bree was not proud of herself either because she was really trying to do well in her new school because it was really the only thing she had going for her, but everything that had happened so far had kept her from doing that.

"Hey, I hear they got good weed at boarding school, though," the Maybank boy told her, trying to look on the bright side of things. He did not even seem upset about the fact that she might leave them for the entire school year and only see them during breaks. Not to mention the fact that she might turn into some pretentious douche that eats finger sandwiches and drinks tea.

Bree nodded in agreement, remembering the time her mom and Sarah's parents made the two girls look at boarding schools and see if they liked any of them better than the Kook Academy. They both knew the answer already, but they humored their parents for a little bit. As much as she hated the other Kooks, being rich was not the worst thing in the world. She never had to worry about having food to eat or a place to sleep like she did now. "Yeah, boarding school kids are surprisingly rebellious."

"I'm not going to boarding school," Kie informed them confidently, waving off their attempts to make her feel better. "They're gonna have to kidnap me, tie me up, and throw me in a van."

"Well, I say...we just crumble some herb right now," the blonde boy suggested, standing up and passing a joint to the Carrera girl who took it gladly. She brought it to her lips immediately and inhaled. The tension in her shoulders released. Then, he sat back down next to the Callaway girl.

Pope seemed a little annoyed at their antics as he looked up at the raven-haired girl. "Hey, Kie, have you tried to hit John B back on that number yet?"

"Like, twenty million times," she answered with a defeated sigh.

JJ flipped his hat back onto his head before putting his arm behind Bree so that his bicep was touching the back of her neck, and his hand fell by her shoulder. She leaned into him a little bit because it just felt natural, and she missed the grin that crossed his face once she did that. "That's quite a few times."