𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

"YOU SURE HE GOT EVERYTHING?" KIE ASKED JOHN B AS THEY SAT ON THE DOCK

"YOU SURE HE GOT EVERYTHING?" KIE ASKED JOHN B AS THEY SAT ON THE DOCK. When Bree arrived at the Chateau that morning, her entire plan of using the gold to pay for the house was shattered because Ward had gotten all of it.

"Every bar. The whole enchilada," the Routledge boy responded, and he sounded depressed. He was laying on the wood, staring up at the ceiling. He grunted as he yanked his cast right off his arm and threw it to the side. "Look, it's not like I expected a happy ending or some shit."

When the Carrera girl saw what he was doing, she scolded him, "John B—"

"What, Kie? It's a hairline fracture. Who cares?" He shrugged it off like it was nothing, and to him, it probably was compared to the fact that he just lost the gold to the man that killed his father.

She sighed. "You should care. Your arm's gonna be messed up for life."

"It's fine. See?" he said, holding up his arm to show them that he could still wiggle his fingers and that no bones were poking out of his body or anything. Kie still seemed a little suspicious.

"Guys! Guys!" They heard a voice call from behind them as footsteps approached. They turned around to see Pope running toward them in really nice clothing. Bree realized that he must've just come from his scholarship interview. He panted as he reached them. "Oh! Oh! Oh, God. I ran all the way here."

John B turned his head to look at him with a slightly concerned expression. "You all right?"

"How was the interview, Pope?" the Callaway girl asked curiously. It was the first time that she had spoken ever since the brunette boy dropped the bomb about Ward.

"Don't ask," he breathed out, and they all groaned quietly. Why couldn't anything go right?  "JB...Look, I'm sorry, dude. About everything."

The Routledge boy just shook his head. "It's fine."

"But — but I don't have a lot of time, and — and I have information that is tactically relevant," the Heyward boy began to explain. So, before I had my interview, my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane. Because it was too heavy, it needed a longer landing strip to take off. So, I'm there sitting in my interview, thinking to myself, 'Hm. Why would Cameron need a longer airstrip to take off? What could be so heavy to weigh it down?'"