𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

	THE JUDGE WAS ABOUT TO ANNOUNCED JOHN B'S SENTENCE

THE JUDGE WAS ABOUT TO ANNOUNCED JOHN B'S SENTENCE. Everyone in the room knew what they wanted her to say, and most people were on the opposite side of the pogues. Bree sat next to Sarah, and the blonde was squeezing the hand of the girls on either side of her nervously. The judge then spoke, causing everyone to tense up. "John Booker Routledge, pursuant to the North Carolina statute section, you are charged with murder in the first degree with aggravated circumstances. If convicted, the maximum sentence would be the death penalty."

"What the hell?" the Callaway girl exclaimed while the woman struck the gavel and people started clamoring. The rest of the pogues sat there, still, letting it sink in.

Then, JJ stood up, and Pope stood up with him to calm him down. The Maybank boy yelled, "Your Honor, he's 17! He's 17. Are you kidding me?" Bree was surprised that he was that respectful about it. "Hey, John B, we're gonna figure it out."

While Kiara and the Heyward boy tried to calm him down, Sarah ran up the aisle and toward her husband, but she was stopped by the guards. As they held her back, she sobbed, "John B! John B! No!"

"Sarah!" the brunette girl yelled, running over to her and grabbing her before glaring at the officers that her touching her as Kie ran over to help her. "Let go of her!"

The walked out of the court house while listening to everyone say how JOhn B had it coming and how he deserved what he got. Kie groaned, "Is this a joke? Like, are we in hell, or...?"

"I should have never come home," the Cameron girl breathed out bitterly.

The blonde boy came up beside them and informed them rather pessimistically, "They're gonna kill him, guys. I know it."

"Sorry for what you and your family have gone through. Thank God the system works," one of the men that was walking with Ward Cameron told the man empathetically, and that was the last straw.

"Can you please shut up?" Kie asked him loudly, causing everyone around them to stop and watch what was happening. She gestured to all the men in suits while the her friend stood beside her to back her up. "Of course you think the system worked because it was made to protect you and people like you."