𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

WHEN KIE AND POPE CAME BACK, SARAH WASN'T WITH THEM

WHEN KIE AND POPE CAME BACK, SARAH WASN'T WITH THEM. They climbed into the car, and the other two teenagers that were already in there looked up at them expectantly.

"What happened?" Bree asked them, sitting from where her and JJ were lying on the seat and tilting their heads back to look at the stars through the window. "Where is she?"

"She's gonna help," the Carrera girl assured them as she started the truck, and the brunette girl could tell that something happened. She wasn't even looking at Pope, and he was just sitting there silently, picking at a scab on his hand.

JJ furrowed his eyebrows. "How?"

"I don't know. Her windows were locked, and I didn't want to be out there for too long," Kie explained while pulling out of their spot and heading down the road. Bree assumed that Ward had his daughter on lock down, and that's why the windows were locked.

Pope sighed, turning around to look at the two in the back, mostly the Callaway girl. "We need a backup plan just in case hers doesn't work.

"Okay, well, the suggestion box is open," the raven-haired girl snapped back to him, and they shared a quick look before moving her eyes back to the road, causing Bree to raise her eyebrows at her in the mirror. She just shook her head slightly.

They all went silent for a moment as they thought about plans. JJ was the one that spoke up first. "Maybe—"

"And no kidnapping," the brunette girl added before he could finish his sentence, resulting in him slumping down in his seat.

"Y'all are no fun," he mumbled as he looked down at the ground of the vehicle disappointedly. Then, his voice raised as he argued. "That honestly our best option here. Literally kidnapping anyone would help."

Kie shook her head, quickly shutting his hides down. That was probably the worst idea they had ever heard from him the last week. "I really don't think that's a good idea."

"I agree," Bree told them, nodding her head.

Pope said, rolling his eyes at the idiotic blonde boy in the seat behind him. "Yeah, that's actually a horrible idea."