𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

	"I MEAN, IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?" KIE BREATHED OUT

"I MEAN, IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?" KIE BREATHED OUT. The four of them had not-so-subtly snuck out of the class, and they were now in the courtyard to discuss whatever the hell that picture was and what it meant. "I mean, Shoupe said that they didn't make it. He said that."

Bree responded optimistically, which was unusual for her ever since the incident. She just needed to believe that something could go right for them after everything that had happened over the past couple of months between John B getting framed for murder, losing the gold, and their friends dying. Maybe one of those things should not be true. "He couldn't have known for sure that they didn't make it. He was probably just assuming and didn't want to get our hopes up."

"Okay, but I—I think we're overreacting right now, okay? We can't rule out the possibility that this could all be some kind of weird, cruel hoax," Pope pointed out as Bree and Kie sat down on one of the tables. He was thinking rationally, and they all knew it. However, none of them wanted him to be right.

He found another place to sit, and the Maybank boy stood beside the brunette girl so that they were all facing each other. The Carrera girl informed them, "I'm just gonna ask."

"What if it's actually him, though?" JJ questioned, pacing back and forth. He took his hat off and began playing with it in his hands. The Callaway girl had noticed that he did that whenever he was nervous or scared. He leaned against the wall behind him.

"Then, I don't know, okay?" the Heyward boy replied. "I don't know."

Bree breathed out, "It's gotta be them, right? Those are the clothes they were wearing, and they probably did not take that while they were on the run. So, it's gotta be real, right?"

"Just because you suck at photoshop doesn't mean that everyone sucks at it," Pope told her, causing her to just bring her hand up and flip him off. They looked down at their phones when they felt them buzz to see that Kie had sent a message to the group chat that the picture was sent to. It read, 'WTF is this you???' Pope asked after a second, "Did he respond?"

"He's typing. He's typing," the raven-haired girl answered, her voice more excited the second time she said it. They looked at the message, and it said. 'Is JJ there?' The blonde boy typed back, saying that he was there. The unknown questioned, 'Did you pimp my short board?'