𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

AFTER JOHN B WAS ALMOST OUT OF SIGHT, THE FOUR TEENAGERS JUST STOOD ON THE DOCK

AFTER JOHN B WAS ALMOST OUT OF SIGHT, THE FOUR TEENAGERS JUST STOOD ON THE DOCK. They stared in the direction that he was going in just in case something else happened. JJ walked off the dock, leaving the other three, but when Kie gave Bree a look that said she wanted to talk to Pope alone, the Callaway girl backed off as well.

That did not stop the two on the ground from being nosy. They watched, shooting each other occasional glanced as Pope and Kie talked for a second before she gave him a hug. They stayed like that for a second, but when they pulled away, they're faces were dangerously close together.

Then, she kissed him.

Bree and JJ whipped their heads back and forth between each other and the kissing pair in excitement. However, the celebration lasted a total of about five seconds because sirens approaching interrupted them.

"Hey, guys, I'm sorry to ruin the party, but, uh, we gotta go right now. Come on!" the blonde boy called to them as they broke apart. They all started toward the car, but it was too late. The police vehicles were already pulling up, and Shoupe climbed out of one.

Some people with fancy vests and guns came out as well, and they pointed them at the teenagers. Everybody but Pope, who just kept walking, put their hands up. Kie yelled, "Pope! Pope, hands."

"Hands up! Hands up!" one of the men with the guns said, and Bree assumed that he was the leader.

"We're too late. He's gone. God damn it! Bratcher, have your guys stand down. Let me talk to these kids," Shoupe exclaimed as the seemingly important man got closer to the group with their hands up. The police pushed past them and toward the dock as their very own police officer looked to them. "All right, where the hell is he? Where the hell is he? JJ? I see you're livin' up to your name. Pope, how about you? This isn't a fucking game! You can do the right thing now! Where'd he go?"

Bratcher, from what the Callaway girl gather, spoke into his radio. "Suspect has just left Station 26 in a small boat. Need marine patrol to respond."

The Kildare County Police Department and the SBI took the four teenagers to some set up they had near the ocean. Bree guessed that it was so that they could have eyes on the water at all times.