𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

"HELLO, LADIES," POPE GREETED WHEN HE WALKED INTO THE WRECK

"HELLO, LADIES," POPE GREETED WHEN HE WALKED INTO THE WRECK. They were still getting the restaurant ready for dinner, Kie putting some Spackle on the wall while Bree washed some dishes. 

The Callaway girl looked up from the sink to grin at him. "Hey, Pope."

"We got another idea for what Redfield means, and we're gonna check it out," he informed them, clapping his hands together and pointing to the door when the two girl didn't move. "So, let's get going."

"You know what, Pope? I think I'm gonna sit this one out. Bree can come, though," Kie told him, glancing at the brunette girl who rolled her eyes.

Bree turned to him with a small smile. Being alone with all of the boys without the Carrera girl was not ideal for her. "I'll hang out here, I guess."

"Um, okay. Have fun then," the Heyward boy muttered in response before walking back out the door. As he exited, they heard him yell to the other boys.

The Callaway girl faced the girl on the ladder, pointing at the door and counting down from three. Once she reached zero, John B came barging in right on schedule with a confused look on his face and his hands in the air.

"I'm gonna leave you two alone," Bree spoke up, breaking the moment of silence and making her way to the door before winking at the boy with a smirk.

He furrowed his eyebrows at her when she did that. "What the hell was that?"

"A wink," she replied with an expression like it was obvious, but he was looking at her like she was absolutely insane or something like that. She wondered what she did to earn that look from him.

"Oh," he mumbled, still in slight shock. "I thought you had something in your eye."

They stared at each other for a moment before she pushed open the door and walked down the stairs toward the car where Pope and JJ were waiting. She climbed into the back with Pope before glancing between the two boys. "Do I wink weird?"

"I don't know," the Heyward boy shrugged.

"Let's see it," the Maybank boy said, turning around in his seat so that he could see her clearly. She winked, and both of them moved their head back slightly in shock. "Oh, my God."

Pope gaped in disbelief and slight horror. "That was scary."

"Please don't ever do that again," the blonde boy added, nodding along to what his friend was saying.