𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"STEALING DRONES MAKES YOU HUNGRY," KIE SAID

"STEALING DRONES MAKES YOU HUNGRY," KIE SAID. They were pulling up to the Wreck to get something to eat before it closed for the night and they threw all the leftover food out.

As they climbed out of the Twinkie, JJ groaned, rubbing his growling stomach. "What I wouldn't do to a beer and shrimp and grits right now."

"Oh, that sounds good," Bree agreed with an excited nod of her head. She was starving since she hadn't had anything to eat or drink since breakfast which was over twelve hours ago.

Pope nodded. "It would not be pretty." They walked into the restaurant, the two girls ahead of the boys.

"Hey, dad," the raven-haired girl greeted, walking up to her father who was behind the counter with a bunch of pitchers in front of him. "How'd we do?"

"Didn't turn it over once," he sighed before both of them met up at the spot where the bar opened to the rest of the restaurant to give his daughter a hug.

She shrugged, trying to comfort him as the three boys walked behind them and into the dining room. "It's probably just bad luck because of the storm."

"Yeah, I'll be sure to tell the banks that," he told her, and then he looked up at the Callaway girl like he had just noticed that she was there. "Hey, Bree."

"Hi, Mr. Carrera," she replied, waving. Then, she decided that this was a father-daughter moment, and she went to go stand with the boys.

They were hovering some people eating at one of the tables, staring at the food hungrily. JJ reached out to grab one of the fries like he was in a trance, but she slapped his hand away before anyone noticed what he was doing and gave him a scolding look. John B moaned, "So hungry."

Finally, after some convincing, Kie got her dad to give them the food he was going to throw out. She turned to them as they looked at her with hopeful faces. "Sit down."

They all smiled and rushed to the table. JJ exclaimed excitedly, "Oh, yes!"

Food had never tasted so good. The Carrera and the Callaway waited on the boys while stuffing their faces. John B threw a fry, and the Maybank caught it in his mouth. Kie walked over to them with a pitcher of water and hit JJ's feet off the table.