𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

	"MIDDLE OF NOWHERE," JJ MUTTERED

"MIDDLE OF NOWHERE," JJ MUTTERED. They had somehow managed to get the truck to a mechanic, and the blonde boy was complaining about the guy that was fixing their car, doing awful impressions of him. "Dude's in heaven right now. Gotta know the calibration point before you do anything with the intake valve, JJ. You do the—'"

"Hey, you okay?" the Callaway girl questioned, cutting him off when she noticed the pondering expression on the Carrera girl's face. He looked offended because of the interruption, but then he mouthed, 'Oh' when she gestured to the girl, causing him to realize what she was talking about. The curly-haired girl was still really bummed about how her parents reacted to her telling them that she was going to Charleston with the Pogues.

It was one thing to yell at her and say that she could not go, but Anna and Mike had told her that they were considering sending her to a boarding school. They tried to come up with good reasons for it, but everyone knew that it was to get her away for the bad influence of the Pogues. Bree could not blame them. They were a pretty bad influence. Now, Kiara's parents were going to murder all of them because they would have to drive back tomorrow. That is, if Mr. Heyward did not get to the kids first. He would be pretty pissed that they stole his truck as well.

Despite how much of a pain in the ass it seemed to be, the Callaway girl could not help but miss having someone to worry about where she was. Ever since her dad left, he mother had not really cared what she did as long as it did not lose them money or hurt their name, so even when she had a mom, it was more like just some random person that ate their food.

So, it made her just a little mad whenever their friend said things along the lines of it being easier without parents because it wasn't, really. Sure, it was easier to just skip school and go to Charleston, but it was not easier overall. Bree was homeless for fuck's sake. She was just staying wherever she could, so she was basically a squatter. Parents fed you and protected you, and now she just wandered around, hoping someone would offer her food because she had almost no money. She had the job at the Wreck, but she was not sure if she still had it because the Carreras kind of hated her at the moment for kidnapping their daughter. Plus, she not been at work for the past couple of days, and she always forgot to call to tell them that she would not be there. Moral of the story — having no one sucked. She would never voice her thoughts to her friend, though because she did not want to upset her.