2 ¦ Given-Taken

When I arrived home after school, I was overjoyed. Finally I could lie down in my beloved bed again. But first I had to go out with Balou... 

Balou is my dog. He is 2 years old and I love him more than anything. A/N: Literally...

I took my headphones, turned on my favorite playlist and went out with Balou. We walked together through the streets of Chicago, since it wasn't rush hour yet where everyone was getting out of work, the streets were pretty quiet. It was a pleasant walk even with the drizzle that had been falling since noon. 

30 minutes later I was back home again. I dried Balou off so the apartment wouldn't get dirty and went to my room. 

I took off my jeans and put on my sweatpants. And no, I didn't want to go jogging. I grabbed my laptop and laid down in my bed. I turned on Netflix and started a new episode of my show, The Good Doctor. As I was about to turn on a new episode, Isabelle texted me.

Isabelle: Are you done? Come on now....

Right. McDonald's. Totally forgot about that again...

Me: yes, I'm done. Coming right now:)

No, I'm not done yet....Shit! I quickly put on another pair of sweatpants and a matching sweater. Who goes to eat in a pair of jeans, is not normal. That presses then nevertheless fully. I must then always open my button and so continue to eat. 

I was just about to take my money when I realized that I have no money. Great job Raven, really great job. 

"Daaaaaad, will you give me some money???", I asked him in a sugary sweet voice. 

"No.", he answered dryly. Oh okay? 

"Pleaseeeeeee," I said. At that, I dragged out the word again and made the puppy dog eyes. 

"Stop it. That looks stupid" 

"Thanks," I replied dryly and rolled my eyes.

"Here," my dad said, handing me the money. 

"Oh Thank you, but I thought you said no?" I thanked him and gave him an evil grin. I alawys won discussions with my dad and Iloved that. 

I quickly put on my shoes and jacket. I just threw the money into my pants pocket and my cell phone into my jacket pocket. I could actually take my wallet with me, but then I'd have to take a bag. It's easier this way. 

On the way, I texted Isabelle that I was off. After two minutes I was already at her place. And she wasn't out yet, as usual, which is why I wrote to her. 

Me: I'm here, come down

After three minutes, she finally came. "Yes, I know. Don't look at me like that. I was still looking for my money," she explained to me.