24 ¦ WALK THE LINE

Jungwons POV:

"Do we have to go much longer?", Raven asked me for the thousandth time.

"You're whining like a toddler. It'll take us about two more minutes to get there. It's not much longer," I explained to her.

When we arrived at the lake, she looked around and her eyes sparkled.

"So, do you like it here?", I asked her.

"It's so beautiful here. I could put a trailer here and stay forever." I laughed at her cute response.

"Come on, let's sit on the bench."

"Wait," I said as she was about to sit down, she looked at me confused, but I said nothing. I took a blanket out of my backpack and put it on the bench.

"So our butts won't freeze off", I laughed.

"I'm glad you thought of that," she replied with a smile.

"If it was warm, we could have gone on the boat."

"You have a boat?" she asked in wonder.

I nodded. "I'll take you here again. In the spring or summer." Wait, did I just say I'm taking her here for the summer? Even though our relationship is only supposed to go until the end of winter? Fuck Jungwon... Just hope she didn't hear.

"Is the ice in the lake hard? So could you walk on it or something?" she asked me while looking at the ice with interest.

"I don't really know, but I think it should hold. I used to play ice hockey here with my grandpa." Suddenly she stood up.

"Well, come on, then." she said, over-motivated, and went down onto the ice.

"Raven, it can be dangerous. Come back here. I didn't say it would hold 100 percent," I yelled at her.

"Ah come on Jungwon. Have some fun for once.", she shouted back. Why is she so irresponsible?

"If I want to have fun, I'll go to a club, drink alcohol, and get chicks. I'm not going on some ice that can break at any moment," I yelled at her even louder.

She, however, slid around on the ice. She is even worse than my 6 year old cousin. And Raven is 17...

"You've had your fun on the ice now, come back now. We'll go to McDonald's and watch Narnia or whatever."

"Yeah fine. I'm coming!" she called out. Then she finally came up to me. Thank goodness the ice didn't break...

"Shall we go?" she asked, looking up into my eyes. No way to be mad at her then... I nodded, packed the blanket back up and we headed back home.

15 minutes later

"Go ahead and get in the car. I'll bring in the backpack for a minute." I brought the backpack in and quickly returned.

"McDonald's?", I asked.

"McDonald's." she replied overjoyed.

We ordered the food from the drive-through and headed home. We ate in the living room while watching the first part of The Chronicles of Narnia.

"So, did you like the movie?" She sat down on my lap and waited anxiously for the answer. To tease her a bit, I took extra time to answer.

"Tell me." she prompted, slapping my arm.