19 ¦ Attention, please!

"Hey, excuse me. Can you tell me when Mr. Yang Jungwon will be released?"

"Mr. Yang still has to be interrogated by a colleague and then he can go home. You can sit down here in the front. There is a vending machine with sweets and warm drinks at the back of the hall." the policewoman smiled at me.

I thanked her and went to the waiting room. Now I guess I'll have to wait for Jungwon. Hopefully the guy will take the charges back. After all, he did start it. Still, Jungwon didn't have to beat him unconscious...

Flashback:

Before the guy could blink once, he already had Jungwon's fist in his face.

"If you call my girlfriend or any other woman a cunt one more time, you won't be able to walk, you understand?" yelled an angry Jungwon at him. With that, he punched the guy in the face. He hit it so hard and so often that you couldn't see his face anymore. There was blood everywhere...

"Hey, Jungwon. Leave him", I took a small step towards him. He ignored me and hit him even harder. I think the man is unconscious by now.

"Jungwon, the police are about to come. Stop it!", I said quietly and grabbed him lightly by the arm. No reaction. Except still hitting him harder and faster. Now I'm honestly afraid of him. Or for him? I've never seen him as aggressive as he is now. He needs to stop right now, The police will be here any minute.

"Jungwon, that's enough," I yelled loudly. He finally looked at me. His breathing was heavy...

"Are you okay?" he asked me, walking towards me. He put his hands to my cheeks and looked deep into my glazed eyes. I nodded.

"And you?" He smiled slightly, nodded, and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"It's going to be fine", he then said and brushed softly some hair out of my face.

End of Flashback

I had been waiting for over an hour and Jungwon still hadn't come out. By now it was already 11:30 pm. I wrote to my parents that I would sleep at Jungwon's tonight. They don't need to know that I'm at a police station, they would only worry unnecessarily.

My stomach started to growl... Great. I guess I'll have to go to the vending machine now. I looked for my wallet to see how much change I had on me... and bingo. I don't have any money...

Jungwon has money, but unfortunately he's not here right now. His wallet must have been taken. Maybe I can take out a few dollars for a minute. I went back over to the nice policewoman.

"Um, excuse me?"

"Yeah? Oh, you're still here. I thought you left already." she smiled at me.

"No, I'm waiting for My boyfriend Mr. Yang Jungwon. Then we'll go home together," I smiled back. "But I wanted to ask you if there might be a possibility that I could take out a few dollars from his wallet to get something from the vending machine," I asked her.

"I'm sorry, but that's not possible. Don't you have any money with you?"

"No, I'm afraid I don't.", replied I. She seemed to be thinking.

"I will lend you some dollars now and when your friend is released he will give it back to me, okay?" she asked me.

"Oh my god, yes thank you. You are a lifesaver for me, I got really hungry while waiting", I laughed. She laughed too and handed me the money.

I quickly went to the vending machine and saw what was there. Chips, Kinder Bueno, gummy bears. Nothing that would be filling. And in the other vending machine? Cocoa, tea, coffee, soups. I looked again at the first vending machine. Here, 7 Days Croissant. I took 2 chocolate croissants and a cocoa.

I went back to the waiting room and sat down. I was the only one sitting there. I took off my shoes and sat comfortably on an armchair, then I started to eat.

01:28 AM

"Hey babe, wake up," a voice whispered. I opened my eyes and looked into Jungwon's, I immediately hugged him.

"Hey, it's alright. Come on, let's go home.", he whispered into my hair.

He took me in his arms. I wrapped my legs around his hips and snuggled up to him. On my way out, I smiled at the policewoman and waved goodbye. I was much too tired to say anything in that situation. Jungwon put me in the car and buckled my seatbelt.

"Are you hungry?" he smiled at me. I nodded, yawning as I did so. He just laughed in response.

We drove to the McDrive at McDonald's and Jungwon ordered the food. He then parked in the parking lot and we started eating. He got us 1 time 20 chicken nuggets and 2 large fries to go with it.

"You didn't have to wait for me," he said all of a sudden. I looked at him.

"Yes I did, after all it happened because of me."

"The guy had no right to insult you. He deserved it." I smiled slightly at that, because I didn't know what to answer.

"You're tired. We'll go home now and if you want we can talk about it more tomorrow," he suggested. Since I was too tired to say anything, I only managed a quiet "mhm", and Jungwon drove off.

Eventually we got home and Jungwon carried me inside. Not that I wanted to but he said, "It's been a long day and I don't want you to exert yourself anymore."

It was really too late to start any discussions, so I obeyed and let him take me upstairs. I undressed, well down to my underwear and laid down, Jungwon did the same.

"Good night love", he whispered and I snuggled up to him, hugging him even thighter.