26 ¦ ParadoXXX Invasion

After 10 hours the plane finally landed in Spain. We got off and waited for our suitcases, when we got them we went out to where my grandpa was waiting for us. And there he was. 

He went to my parents and hugged them tightly, then he came to us with open arms. 

"Ally, give your old man a hug." I immediately hugged him back and then he looked to Jungwon. 

"This is Jungwon. My boyfriend." 

"Hello Jungwon. Welcome to the family." my grandpa laughed and pulled him into a hug. 

"Nice to meet you, sir.", Jungwon said politely and returned the hug. 

"Come on in the car. Your grandma is already waiting.", my grandpa said cheerfully and took my suitcase. We walked behind him toward the car. 

"Ally?" he whispered. 

"Yeah, that's what my family calls me here. It's a nickname like that. You know, because of Aaliyah and then just Ally. Only here they call me by my middle name.", I explained to which he nodded and opened the car door for me. I sat down inside and he followed right behind. 

During the drive, Jungwon looked out the window with interest. I moved closer to him. "I can show you around the city for the next few days if you want." 

"Yeah, I'd love to," he smiled at me. 

My grandpa parked in their garage and we got out. We would bring the suitcases in later, so we went inside. 

"Ally mi cariño (= Ally my dear)," my grandma shouted delightedly and enclosed me and Jungwon in a tight hug. Then she broke away from us and eyed us. 

"So you're Jungwon. You look beautiful together." she laughed. 

"Thank you so much for having me, ma'am." he replied politely. 

"Come on in kids. Ally, go upstairs with Jungwon and show him your room. I'll call you when dinner is ready. You'll want to rest a bit." 

"Thanks Grandma." I pressed a kiss to her cheek, took Jungwon's hand in mine and pulled him up the stairs. 

"Here, this is my room." I unlocked the door and we stepped inside. The walls were bright pink and my colorful butterfly stickers were still stuck everywhere. 

"This room is really great. Does a nine-year-old girl live here by any chance?" asked Jungwon playfully serious and dropped onto the bed. 

"The room has been mine since I was little. I see the bed has been changed, though," I laughed as I flopped down on the bed next to him. He put his arm under my head and put his other arm around my belly. 

"Your grandparents speak English really well," he said.