45 ¦ The End Of Us

Why did I decide to meet with him again? I mean, we've already worked everything out. He admitted that he cheated on me because he was high and I broke up with him. How did that letter convince me so easily? Am I stupid or something? So yes I am, but still...

So I walked to our meeting place in my bright blue Crocs and thought about everything from the beginning. I love him yes, but what he did is unforgivable.

I went to the small meadow behind the big sports field, usually there is no one there. Jungwon and his friends used to play soccer there. I used to go there for a walk with Balou by chance. Coincidentally every Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday between 1 and 5 pm. They were always very long walks.

When I got there, he was already there, on a picnic blanket, with lots and lots of red and white tulips. I love tulips.

"Thank you for coming," he thanked me and stood up to greet me. I just nodded and sat down on the blanket. He handed me the tulips. "Red ones represent passion and the white ones represent loyalty," he said. "Loyalty. Suits you just fine.", I replied annoyed.

"I baked cookies. The same ones we made at my grandma's house. And I went to McDonald's and brought you chicken nuggets. I also brought a lot of fruit. Strawberries, grapes, blueberries, raspberries- " "Okay. Cool. Great. Why did I have to come here?", I interrupted him. I wanted to get this meet over with quickly. Seeing him hurt too much...

"I wanted to.... um...so maybe.... could you give me a second chance?" he asked very quietly. Uncertainly, he rubbed one hand against the other. Finally, he dared to look up and looked deep into my eyes.

"As much as I'd like to, I can't," I replied in a whisper, eating a strawberry. "W-why?" he asked, stuttering. He picked up his backpack and pulled out peach iced tea, then poured us both some.

"You cheated on me. How am I supposed to trust you anymore?" I took a sip of the iced tea. He handed me the chicken nuggets and I took one out. Just then, it started to drizzle.

"Maybe you need more time? Take as much time as you want. I'll wait," he suggested. I shook my head. "It won't work," I said and stood up. He will try all the time. This meet was unnecessary...

"It's better this way. If we stay apart.", I said and started leaving. The weather deteriorated very quickly and it started raining very hard.

"Yeah okay, I don't deserve you. Honestly. I'm so glad you came up to me then with this winter relationship. It can't end like this now," he yelled after me and I turned around.

He walked slowly in my direction, soaking wet. I don't know why, but the feeling in my gut told me to stop.

"You fucked up. You broke it, Jungwon." I yelled back. Tears gathered in my eyes. "I know. And what I want most is to jump off a cliff. For God's sake, Raven... I can't live without you. I love you!" he cried.

"I love you too you fucking bastard. But love alone is not enough. How about trust, loyalty. Those are very important things we don't have." Tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Please forgive me finally..." he said softly. He stood in front of me. With red eyes, he looked at me.

"I have forgiven you. I'm so stupid.. You don't deserve it. You don't deserve me for forgiving you," I whispered, crying and shaking my head. He put his hands on my cheeks and brushed away the tears with his thumbs.

"Jungwon... This is the end of our history together.", I said and took a step away from him. "I know.", he whispered and nodded slightly.

We stayed silent for a moment, only hearing the rain. "Can I... kiss you for the last time...?" he suddenly asked in a whisper. "It will make everything harder...", I answered softly.

He took a step toward me. "I know. But so as a goodbye."

"We'll see each other again at school," I replied. He put his hands on my cheeks and came even closer. "As a goodbye to our relationship.", he said to which I smiled slightly and actually nodded.

He looked at me very intensely, as if he was trying to remember my face. I did the same. It's probably our last kiss. He slowly came closer and gently placed his lips on mine. He slowly started to move them and I returned it. It was a gentle kiss. Our last, gentle kiss...

The End.

Yep, that's the end of Raven and Jungwon. Please don't hate me now but not everything in life goes perfectly or according to plan. That's why this is a sad ending. I'm not satisfied with this story but still Thank you so much for reading it and I hope you enjoyed the story more than I did.

Also take a look at my other stories:
- Chase The Dark Together || Nishimura Riki
- Touch Of Death || Park Jay
- Street Lights || Sim Jake
- Eyes Full Of Stars || Park Sunghoon
- Two Of A Kind || Lee Heeseung