25 ¦ Future Perfect (Pass The MIC)

Thursday 07:48 AM

"Raven, can you get up already! Our flight leaves at 9!" my mother yelled from downstairs.

"But it's only 7 o'clock. I still have time!", I yelled back.

"It's almost 8 o'clock!" she yelled even louder.

"It's okay. I'm getting up." I stood up, stretched, and yawned loudly. It's clearly way too early for me. I looked at my phone and realized I had a new message.

Wonie: Morning, already done. Tell me when you want me to come over.

Me: will do..

I put on my grey sweatpants and my grey hoodie, then I ran to the bathroom, because I had to go to the toilet urgently.

Later in the kitchen I made myself a sandwich and a tea. While the water was boiling, I ran upstairs and got my suitcase down. I put it in the hallway and ran into the kitchen. I ate my sandwich, which tasted really good, and drank my tea.

"Raven, text Jungwon and tell him to come over," my father said. I nodded and texted him right away.

Me: come over

Then I ran to my room to make sure I had taken everything with me. I looked in my bag. Cell phone, charging cable, headphones. Already all the important things with me. Makeup is in the suitcase. Pads and tampons too. Hairbrush and toothbrush too. Good, everything is there.

I ran back downstairs, that's quite a lot of exercise for 8 o'clock...

"Hey love." Jungwon hugged me and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"Did you bring everything?", I asked him, to which he nodded.

"The cab should be here any minute," my mother said addressing us.

After 5 minutes, the cab finally arrived. We all packed our 3 suitcases into the trunk and sat down in the cab.

"Your parents are only taking one suitcase?"

"Yes, but it's bigger than it looks." replied I.

When we arrived at the airport, we looked for our gate. Since we were quite late and the check-in had already started a while ago, we could board immediately, which is actually better that way, we do not have to wait now.

"You two sit next to each other. Here are your tickets, it says where you're sitting. We're further back here."

My mom handed Jungwon the tickets and went to my dad. Jungwon went ahead and looked for our seats, Then he stopped.

"We sit here."

"I'm sitting by the window," I said quickly, squeezing through.

"But I wanted to sit by the window.", he said slightly disappointed and pulled a pout.

"Tough luck. I beat you to it," I laughed.

He sat down next to me and turned off his cell phone.  I texted Isabelle, Nya and Olivia that we were about to fly out and would text them when we arrived, then I turned off my phone too and put it in my bag.

We fastened our seatbelts and the plane took off. Since I was afraid of flying, I felt pretty bad... My stomach ached and I trembled slightly. I took one deep breath and exhaled slowly. When I ran out of air, I held it and didn't breathe in again. This happens to me often...

Without saying anything, Jungwon took my hand in his and squeezed it lightly. With his thumb, he slowly stroked my palm.

When we were finally in the air, I took a deep breath. At first I gasped for a lot of air, but after a few minutes my breathing returned to normal.

"Are you alright? Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah, I'm just scared of flying. All good," I replied.

"Everything is fine, love. I'm with you." I smiled slightly at him and he returned it.

"Do you want to sleep?", Jungwon asked me.

"Yes, already a little."

He stood up and got his backpack from upstairs. Then he took out a big blanket, my favorite blanket which we always had for watching movies.

"Here. Wrapped it up."

He sat down next to me again and covered us up. I put my head on his shoulder and he put his on mine. Eventually we fell asleep.

I woke up again sometime later, I looked up and realized that Jungwon was no longer asleep. He was reading a magazine.

"What are you doing?", I asked, yawning.

"Reading about the benefits of buying a pizza place," he replied.

"You want to buy one?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll change my name. Maybe Eduardo. You get a new name too, Bella. And we'll open a pizzeria. Later our children Alejandro, María and Sara will take it over."

"Very original names," I said sarcastically.

"Thanks. Been thinking about it all the time you were sleeping."

"How will I talk to your family? In what language?" he then asked me out of nowhere.

"Well they do speak Spanish, but still they all know English. Although not well and with a Spanish accent, but you will be able to communicate with them. Otherwise, you show what you want with your hands." He just nodded in response. He was a little distracted and he seemed kind of nervous.

"Are you nervous? About my family?"

"Uhm, if I'm being honest then yes," he mumbled.

"Everything's going to go well. They'll love you", I tried to reassure him, but he still seemed very preoccupied with it.

I put my fingers under his chin and turned his face towards me, I pulled him down a little and rose up to reach his lips, then I kissed him gently. I then broke away from him again and smiled at him. He grinned back and took my face in his hands, then he pulled me to him again and kissed me a little longer but still gently as if we might break. After some seconde he then broke away, still smiling.

"We have to stop. We're on a plane full of people. And I don't think I'll be able to control myself much longer if I keep kissing you like this."

"We can still go to the bathroom here," I laughed. Jungwon's gaze suddenly became more attentive and he started grinning perversely.

"That was just a joke. And even if it wasn't, my parents are sitting in the back next to the bathroom. We can't just disappear there together."

"Well, I guess we'll just have to find something else to do," he replied.

"I have Sudokus, crossword puzzles, and paint by numbers blocks. Do you want any of those?"

"The crossword." I handed him the notebook and a pencil and turned my attention to my Sudoku.

"The first name of the lead from Titanic?" suddenly Jungwon asked me.

"Rose or Jack."

"But they both have four letters," he muttered in exasperation.

"Is there a letter specified yet?", I asked.

"Yes, an A." he said.

"Then it's Jack."

"Right. Thanks." he whispered, and went on thoughtfully. What a fool...