22 ¦ Always

"I'm going to the garden for a minute. I have to call someone," I said and went downstairs. The garden was beautiful, I went to the bench next to a big tree with flowers. I sat down and looked for Isabelle's number.

Me: "Hey, what's up? Everything good?"

Isabelle: "Yeah, everything's fine. How about you?"

Me: "Yeah, too. I'm with Jungwon at his grandparents' house right now, He took me for the weekend."

Isabelle: "As if, really? And you're telling me he doesn't like you? He's so into you."

Me: "I don't know. But it doesn't matter. How are things with Jake?"

Isabelle: "Ah, I don't know. He's different than I thought, isn't he?"

Me: "Oh, what happened?"

Isabelle: "He's different than I imagined him to be, which is actually logical. I believed too much that he was like I imagined him to be."

Me: "Oh. So that means it's over?"

Isabelle: "Well, it hasn't really started yet. But I think it has. It's not going to come to anything. But I have to go now, because I still have something very important to do. And you too. Jungwon is waiting..." I laughed.

Me: "Does something important mean your series?"

Isabelle: "Maybe."

We started giggling. After that, we hung up and I put my phone aside. I laid down on the bench and looked at the sky, not even a single cloud. The weather would be perfect for barbecuing.

"Hey love, why are you lying here?", Jungwon eyed me quizzically.

"I'm looking at the sky. It's beautiful," I replied.

"Lift your head up," he said softly.

I did as he said and he sat down where my head was just now, then I put my head on his lap. He slowly stroked my head and I closed my eyes. It was perfect.

We stayed in that position for about 10 minutes, then I opened my eyes again and found that Jungwon was looking at me.

"Were you watching me the whole time?", I grinned and he nodded with a cute little smile on his face.

"It would be unforgivable not to look at such a perfection", he said.

I just looked at him and I could already tell that I was blushing. I quickly got up and sat down next to him, trying to hide my face with my hair.

"Is someone blushing?" he laughed, coming closer to me and pulled me closer to him.

"It doesn't have to make you uncomfortable. You look even more beautiful with that blush on your face," he whispered.

"Can you please stop? I don't know how to answer that," I said quietly half amused half serious.

"It's all right, love. Let's go inside. It's getting cold and I don't want you to catch a cold. We'll see if we can find something to do.", he said and then stood up and took my hand in his and dragged me inside the living room.

"Well, what do we have here. We could watch a movie, read books, listen to music, play games...", he enumerated.

"We could bake cookies," I suggested.

"I don't know how to bake," he responded.

"Neither can I. But there's a cookbook up there, and I'm sure there are recipes for cookies."

"Fine, if you want to." He got the book from way upstairs and we went into the kitchen.

"So, what cookies do you want to make?" he asked me as we peered into the book.

"I don't know. Basic cookies like this," I replied.

"Here. Butter cookies. Do you think we can make this?", Jungwon asked me.

"Yep, we can do it."

We looked at what ingredients we needed and looked for everything. We then put all the stuff on the table in the kitchen, then we started making the dough.

"Two eggs?"

"What, no. That's not enough. It's supposed to have 6 in it," I explained to Jungwon.

"That many?" he asked in amazement.

"Yeah, it says so right here," I pointed to a page in his grandma's cookbook.

"Okay," he mumbled and cracked the eggs, then we mixed in the other stuff and mixed it with our hands. Because my grandma says it will be much better if you use your own hands. 'We didn't have mixers like that in the old days, and we still did everything perfectly,' she used to say. So let's listen to grandma and mix everything together with our hands.

Then we started kneading the dough. Jungwon stood behind me and left soft kisses on my neck. It tickled and I tried to push him away from me.

"Hey, don't do that. I need to concentrate.", I giggled at the tickling.

"Do you really want me to go away?" he whispered and started nibbling on my neck. Nope, I want you to take- Stop wrong thoughts right here and now...

"I want to finish baking the cookies.", I just said softly, then Jungwon walked away and washed his hands because they were full of leftover dough.

Jungwon was watching my every move, which made me a little nervous, I tried to ignore it though and focused on the cookies.

"Now we can cut them into little hearts or stars and put them in the oven," I informed Jungwon.

"We can also cut asymmetrical circles or even better squares," he said, playfully excited. I rolled my eyes, which made him laugh. He gave me little star-shaped and heart-shaped cookie cutters.

We both started cutting out cookies. When we were done, we put the cookies in the oven, then I started collecting the dishes to put in the washing machine.

All of a sudden, Jungwon stroked my nose with his fingers and laughed briefly. I looked in the mirror and realized that my nose was dirty with flour. I took some flour and threw it in Jungwon's face. I noticed how he grinned cheekily and knew that it meant only one thing.

And that was war...

Then I started to run as fast as I could but he caught up with me easily and threw flour in my face. I ran back to the flour bag and took some, then I threw it at his head.

I ran away laughing but he caught up with me again and we fell to the ground, since there was already flour on the ground in the meantime, I took it in my hands and threw it at Jungwon again, then I went closer to him and wuzzed his hair.

Silence arose... We looked deep into each other's eyes and in the next second we started laughing so hard.

God when was the last time I laughed so much? Thank you, Yang Jungwon.