29 ¦ Foreshadow

Jungwons POV:

"Raven? Shall we go already? It's getting cold already," I asked while taking off my scarf. 

"Yes, it's already cold. But then why are you getting undressed?" she asked, confused. I walked over to her and squatted down, then put my scarf around her and smiled slightly at her. 

"I saw you shivering." She looked at me surprised but also happy. 

"Thank you."' she whispered. 

We got up and headed for her grandparents' house. When we were out of the woods again and on the street, I glanced at her briefly. She was exhaling and happy to see her breath every time because of the cold. I had to smile slightly at the sight. Suddenly she turned her head to me, at which I quickly turned mine away and looked ahead so she wouldn't realize I was watching her. 

When we got home, her aunt and cousins were already there, which is why Raven and I went upstairs to change. I put on black pants and a white shirt to go with them. Raven put on her black turtleneck sweater and a dark red skirt. She looks so indescribably beautiful. Our children would look beautiful... Jungwon, you won't have children! This isn't something solid, get it already! 

"Are you coming?" Raven stood in the doorway and smiled at me. Her smile is so sugary sweet...

"Yep.", I said quickly and went downstairs behind her. There we greeted her aunt and cousins. 

The little boys, Alejandro and Luis immediately came running up to Raven and jumped into her arms. She couldn't catch them all at once, so she fell on the floor laughing at them. 

She introduced me to them, whereupon they immediately hugged me as well. The oldest, Emilia, also came to Raven and hugged her very tightly and for a long time. They really missed each other, then Emilia also hugged me and wished me a Merry Christmas. 

We sat down at the table, Raven on my left and little Alejandro on my right. Next to Alejandro sat his big brother Luis. Next to Raven sat Emilia and Beatriz. They were all talking to each other in Spanish, so I couldn't understand a word. 

Raven put her hand on my thigh and came closer to me. "My grandma made roast duck. It comes with roasted potatoes and several salads. For example, here is cucumber salad, there is grated beet. Back there is sauerkraut and any pickles." she explained everything on the table to me. 

"Thank you.", I smiled at her to which she smiled back. 

"How old are the little ones?" 

"Alejandro is 4 and Luis is 9. Emilia is 15.", she answered and I nodded. 

After dinner, the little ones unwrapped their gifts. Alejandro got a small deck of cards and Luis got a new game for his Nintendo Switch. Emilia got a book from her favorite author.

By now, it was 11 p.m. The little boys went for a bath while Raven, their grandma and I cleaned up the table. Their grandpa walked over with a wet and then dry rag.