3 ¦ Let Me In (20 Cube)

Friday

09:57

09:58

09:59

10:00

Break

Finally we have break. French was boring as always. And on top of that, I don't even understand the language. Well, the rest of the class doesn't understand it either, so it's all good. 

"Did you copy the grammar ? I don't have the last part," I asked Nya. 

"Yes. I'll send it to you later." 

"Thanks" 

We went to the cafeteria and looked for our other friends. Isabelle, Olivia, Izara and Keeho were already sitting at our table. Grace and Theo I saw in line to the kiosk. Nya and I went to the table and sat down with our friends. The cafeteria was already pretty crowded, which was normal since it was the first big break.

"...Yeah, and then he kicked me out," Keeho told them. He probably provoked the teacher again and had to go to the principal. Why he hasn't been kicked out of school yet, I don't know. 

Hmm, it's already 10:11, why isn't Jungwon here yet? 

"Nya, have you seen Jungwon?" 

"Maybe he's outside?"

"Okay, thanks.", I said and stood up. 

"Where are you going?", Grace asked me since she just came back from the kiosk.

"To the bathroom." She nodded and sat down next to Keeho. 

I headed in the direction of the restrooms when I changed my mind after all and took a quick look in the courtyard to see if Jungwon was anywhere to be seen there. And bingo

There he is, standing behind a tree. Their tree. He's always chilling there with his boys. They're probably at the kiosk right now. 

I couldn't help but think of the conversation I had with Isabelle yesterday...A winter relationship? Maybe he wouldn't be rejecting me after all? Maybe he would be up for it? So much questions to which I knew no answer... 

He stands there now alone. I could go over to him and just ask him. I walked with a little faster steps towards him. Omg, Raven... What are you doing? He hasn't seen you yet. You can still turn around...No! Don't be a scaredy cat. You only live once. You can do this. Come on, breathe in and out. Don't be nervous, if he says no, you can always say it was a truth or dare assignment. Let's go! 

"Hey Jungwon" He looked up in surprise and his beautiful eyes met mine. He put his cell phone in his pocket. 

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked in his deep voice. Jesus.... I think I'm about to pass out. Then he can do mouth-to-mouth on me, not bad either.

Wrong timing for such thoughts Raven, get a grip on yourself. 

"Yep, all good. How about you?" He nodded. Awkward silence... 

"You know, I wanted to ask you something there," I started to speak. He watched me intently, letting me know to keep talking. Okay, it's now or never. "Do you want-" 

"Eyyy, Jungwon. I brought you your muffin!" yelled Sunoo. Shit...Now his friends came back. Sunoo, Sunghoon, Jay and Jake. Bad timing guys, very bad timing. 

"Yeah, thanks." said Jungwon to Sunoo and took the bun from his hands. He has such great hands. 

"So, what did you want to ask Raven?" He pronounces my name so beautifully. No one has ever said my name so beautifully. Concentrate! 

"Um yeah. I wanted to ask you if you... um... could lend me your notes on the new topic in history." Whew, saved... 

"Yeah sure. I'll drop them off at your house tomorrow. " He lives a few houses away from me so it's pretty convenient. Wait did he just say he was coming to my house tomorrow? I have to clean the whole house today just in case he comes in. 

"Alright, thanks. See you then," I said goodbye and quickly left. It was a bit awkward but he didn't notice anything. Now quickly join the others in the cafeteria! I still have to eat something...

Back in the cafeteria, I quickly sat back down next to Nya and started eating my muffin. 

"Are you okay? You were gone for a really long time?", Nya asked me worriedly. 

"Yep, everything was fine. The restrooms were full and there were a lot of people waiting in front of me too." She nodded, apparently believing my excuse. 

The bell rang for class again.

That means 4 more hours and then it's finally the weekend. You can do it, Raven! Then you can go to bed and get up on Monday morning. No not true, Jungwon is coming over tomorrow, which means I have to get up early and clean up at home. 

Then I can ask him that tomorrow too. In the end he says yes, will fall in love with me, we'll get married, have kids and grow old together. Okay, that was a little too optimistic. Wasn't it?

The guy probably wouldn't even date me for $1 million.... Sad but true.