Stressful situations

Yn's pov

" Here, drink some of this. " The brunette, Hershel's daughter said, offering me a glass of juice. I sigh and take it, giving her a small smile. " Thanks."

Let me introduce myself, I'm Yn Grimes. Before shit hit the fan I was a fashion designer, and studied architectural designing. I'm fairly built, tall, brown hair, blue eyes, I'm 24 years old.

But back to what's been happening, my brother walked out of the room, looking pale as ever so I jumped up, helping him take a seat where I was sitting.

The room was full, Tdawg ( that the right spelling or Nah?) Was sat against the wall cradling him freshly patched arm. Lori kneeled by Rick, helping him drink some of my juice. The rest was scattered around. I sighed, walking to the front door. " Goddammit Shane, where the fuck are you." I muttered. Walking out and softly closing the door behind me.

( First thing that won't be as it is in the show)

As I rubbed my face, I caught a glimpse of the blue truck. I breathed a sigh of relief heading back in. " Shane's back." I tell my brother, who immediately jumps up. Heading towards the door. We all follow him out to reveal Shane getting out of the truck, alone, "Where's Otis?" Otis's wife calls out. Voice cracking, the look on Shane's face told me exactly where he in. " He, uh, he didn't. I couldn't." He stumbled over his words. Clenching the bag's straps tightly. I sigh and head towards him, giving him a pat on the back and taking the bags from him. He didn't look quite, himself so I took the bags in, heading to the room Hershel is in with Carl.

" Shane brought the stuff." I said, setting the bag down and opening it for him to see inside. " Thank you for bringing it to me, tell Otis I want to ask him something." He said. I scratched the side of my neck, something I do out of nervousness or anxiety. " Uhm, sir he didn't. He didn't come back, with Shane." His head snapped up to mine before storming past me and out the front door. " What happened to him?" Hershel demanded to know. Looking at a pale Shane. " He, uhm we were getting chased and he, uh he couldn't keep up so he tossed me the bag and sacrificed himself. He looked right into my eyes n said 'go, take the stuff and go save that boy. Tell my wife I'm sorry and tell the parents that I truly didn't mean to injure their boy.' He sacrificed himself so that I could get the stuff to Carl in time." By now people were crying, Shane was staring at the ground. A guilty look on his face.

" I, he can't be dead. Otis, Otis is strong. " Hershel tried to convince himself.

* Time skip. During Carl's surgery.*

I was standing outside. The sun was starting to set. The orange sky perfectly matched with the darkness between the distant trees. I was so deep in thought that I didn't hear the door behind me opening. " Quite pretty, ain't it?" A feminine voice called a bit behind me. Upon turning I found the brunette, seated on one of the upside down buckets. She smiled at me and offered her hand. " We haven't actually been properly introduced to one another, I'm Maggie Greene. And you're Yn, right?" I smiled and took her hand in mine. Her hands put mine to shame, after all we've done these past few weeks to keep ourselves alive did a number on my hands. Her hands feel so soft and smooth, I forgot why our hands were touching for a second. " Uh yeah, Yn Grimes. The father's sister." I motioned to the house, trying to specify who I was referring to. " Yeah, I kinda got that part when you came running with the boy in your hands. Got kind of confused as to why you're carrying him, not his father." She smiled up at me. I gave a light chuckle. " I've always been way faster than anyone else so when I saw Carl collapse I immediately went into, kinda like protective mode or something, grabbed him and started running as soon as I knew where to go." I said, remembering what happened.

* Flashback*

" No, no, no, no, no, Carl!" Rick yelled as me, him and Shane rushed to Carl's side. He collapsed, getting shot. I immediately started looking around for the shooter, feeling that they might be a danger to us. This man comes rushing out the woods, panicking. " Oh shit, I didn't mean to shoot him. I'm I'm so sorry." I immediately grabbed his jacket, pulling his face to mine. " Sorry won't keep my nephew alive, you better have some sort of magical hospital in your back pocket cause if that boy dies, I'll cut your tongue out and feed it to the walkers." I yelled in his face, he was shaking. Pointing in the direction he came from. " I live on a farm, not too far from here. Take the boy and run straight in that direction." He point his finger behind him, " ask for Hershel, he'll know what to do. Go!" I immediately pushed him away and rushed to Carl's side. Giving Rick a look, i immediately scooped carl up and started sprinting. I could hear Rick and Shane a bit behind me, Shane pushing the guy to run along with us.

" Carl, don't die on me buddy. Please. Don't die." I, almost prayed, while running. The sweat was pouring off of me. I could feel my button up shirt clinging to my body. The trousers I was wearing didn't make it any easier. But I ran as if my own life depended on it. Soon a house came into view.

" Hershel!" I started yelling out the name the guy gave us. " I need Hershel right now!" I yelled seeing a few people standing on the steps. I looked at one of them, sweating like a waterfall, " you better be Hershel, I swear." I turned when a voice called out. " Was he bit?" And old man asked from the steps. " No, he was shot. By one of your fucking stupid men!" I yelled at him. Hearing Rick come up behind me. " Please! Help my boy!" He yelled as sweaty as I am.

Soon we were escorted into a room, I lied Carl down and immediately got pushed out the door.

* End of flashback*

" He'll be fine. My father knows what he's doing." Maggie tried, I shrugged not really believing her. " He's a vet, works with Animals, now he's in there with my nephew. He better be okay." I sigh out, turning back to the sunset, leaning on the railing with my hands.

I thought about Carol and them, Sophia must still be missing. Otherwise they'd have shown up with Glenn. " God dammit." I mutter out. " Hey, something to else bothering you?" She asked, now standing next to me. " It's uh, the others haven't arrives which means Sophia is still missing. I though Daryl would find her by now." I said looking out into the trees. She was still for a moment. " Sophia? One of your group members? Who's she to you?" Her voice has grown a bit softer but I hadn't realised it. " Uhm yeah she's a part of our group, her mother and she. She's just a little girl, out there, alone." My voice cracked slightly as I remembered how Carol cried when we couldn't find her.

" When did she go missing." She asked, I shook my head, " not so long ago, we were searching for her when Carl got shot." I stated. She was silent after that, when I looked at her I saw her glancing at another building across the land. My guess, a barn of some sort. " We should head inside, it's getting pretty cold out here." I mention to her. She looked back at me and nodded.

The rest of the time was spent sitting in silence, waiting Hershel's appearance.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Okay, so that's it. As I always say, if you've got any opinions or advice, leave em in the comments. Nothing in this book will be the same as in the series, itself. And that's it, enjoy the rest of ya day/night

-S