Strangers

We've been on the road for some time, we could still see the smoke but we've gotten far enough to take a rest. I smiled at Maggie as I grabbed my gun, " not so fast." She gave me a kiss before pulling me into a hug. I held her, breathing in her scent before I pulled away. I helped her take a seat on the blanket before sitting next to her.

We didn't sit for long before we had to get back to the road. It was hot and I was tired but I pushed through. We had a quick water break but I know that Maggie had drank up all of hers. I had half a bottle left so I opted on only a small sip. I held my bottle out to her, " drink Yn, you need the energy." She smiled. " I've had plenty, you need energy too." I lied. She sighed and took the bottle, giving my cheek a soft kiss before drinking the water. When I turned I saw Rick looking at me with a huge smile.

We walked like that for who knows how long, it got dark so we lit a fire and sat down to rest. Maggie say with her back against my front as she held her eyes closed.

* Time skip*

The next morning Rick wanted us to get off of the road and into the forest. We didn't complain, only followed. We suddenly heard a cry for help, Carl being Carl he immediately ran, I followed and got to him first seeing as im the fastest but Rick and them weren't far behind. I helped him kill some walkers that was surrounding a rock with someone on top, when we were done I gave him a disapproving look but he shrugged me off. " Come down." Rick said. I looked at the man, he was a priest. All white collared and all.

My mind went back to Hershel for a second and I subconsciously grabbed the pocket watch through my pants to make sure it's still there. The man got off but before he could say anything he hunched over and hurled all over the floor. If there's anything I can't take it's someone throwing up so I immediately put the back of my hand to my lips and turned away. Maggie gave me a small giggle to which I playfully rolled my eyes. " Sorry, thanks you. I'm Gabriel." He introduced. " You got any weapons on you?" Rick asked to which he laughed nervously. " Do I look like I'd have any weapons?" He asked when he saw us not laughing. " I have no weapons of any kind." He stated. " The word of God is the only protection I need." Daryl spoke up. " Sure didn't look like it."

Rick was trying to make him break by staying silent to anything he said. Eventually he started to get really nervous, " do you have a camp?" He asked. " No, do you?" Rick questioned. " I have a church." Rick sighed and told him to hold his hands up while he patted him down. He found nothing. " How many walkers have you killed?" He asked him, " none, actually." He said. Rick shoved him to turn, " how many people have you killed?" Came the next question. " None." He looked confused. " Why?" He looked around at us, " because the lord forbids violence." Was his answer. Rick didn't believe he was that innocent, " what have you done?" He asked him. " I'm a sinner. I sin almost every day. But I confess to God, noy strangers." He said.

" You said you had church?" Michonne asked to which he nodded. " Follow me."

He led us to his church and low and behold, there's actually a church. " Let's take a look around first." Rick said. He opened the door and we entered with our guns raised. There really was no one else here. When we were done I took my place next to Maggie outside. We all went in after Rick and Abraham bickered again. We got settled, " how'd you survive here for so long?" I asked Gabriel. " Yeah, where'd your supplies come from?" Rick chipped in. " Luck, things fell apart right after we finished our annual canned food drive." He smiled at us. " The food lasted a long time. Then I started scavenging. I've cleared out nearly every place around here." He added to which I nodded. " Almost?" I asked. He nodded. " What kept you from it?" Rick asked him, " it's overrun. There's bout a dozen or so in there." He said. " We can handle a dozen." Rick said looking at me. I nodded. " Me and Bob will go with you." Sasha offered. " Tyreese needs to stay here. Keep Judith safe." She added. " You alright with that?" I asked him to which he nodded. " You ever need anything for her I'm always right here." He smiled. " You know I'm grateful for you, we are." Rick smiled at him. " I'll draw you a map." Gabrielle said but I cut him off. " No need, you'll go with them" I told him.

I put my hand on Rick's shoulder and gave him a nod as I grabbed mt gun. Me, Glenn, Tara and Maggie were gonna go look around the gunshop they came across.

Me and Glenn walked in and split up, when I got to the front door I turned to see if I could spot Glenn but accidentally tripped over a mop. " shh." I shushed myself and walked out to find Glenn already there. They had their guns up, " was it a walker?" Tara asked. " Eh uh. Yeah, uh. Yeah it uh it's a walker." I glanced at Glenn to see him smile knowingly. " Really?" Maggie asked but I sighed. " I uh, a stack of boxes and a mop. I tripped." They started laughing at me. Glenn being the loudest.

I now put on my smirk, " i still got what we came for." I took out three silencers from my back pocket. " The silencers stashed in a mini fridge. Brt you didn't check that." I smirked at Glenn. We went about our rounds and went back to the church. That night we ate like we did back at the CDC. It was good, everyone smiling and laughing. I took a seat next to Maggie, " I'd like to propose a toast." Abraham smiled. " When I look around this room, I see survivors. Each any everyone of you has earned that title. To the survivors." He lifted his glass.

I smiled as Glenn lifted his, " don't drink too much, remember the CDC." he groaned and took a sip of his drink. " Don't mention that." I smiled but got cut off by Abraham again. " Is that all you wanna be? Wake up in the morning, fight the undead pricks and forage for food, go to sleep with two eyes open, rinse and repeat? You can be that, I mean you got the strength, the skill but the thing is you might as well just surrender. Or we can get Eugene to Washington and he can make the dead die and the living will have this world again and that's not a bad takeaway for a little road trip." We were all silent. He was pushing but I knew how important it was to them.

" Eugene, what's in DC?" He asked. " Infrastructure constructed to withstand pandemics even of this fubar magnitude. That means food, fuel, refuge, restart." He told us. Abraham nodded, " however this plays out, however long the reset button takes, you can be safe there. Safer than you've been since this whole thing started." He said. He looked me dead in the eyes as I thought if over. Maggie would be safe, we wouldn't have to deal with anything anymore except each other. " Come with us, keep that little one safe. Save yourselves, the people out there. You don't got nothing left to do except survive. Rick laughed as Judy made a noise. " What's that? I think she knows what I'm about to say." He glanced at me, I smiled and gave him a short nod.

" She's in, and if she's in, I'm in." He smiled, I smiled at Glenn and fist bumped him as we drank. I saw Tara take a seat next to Maggie so I leaned in closer to hear them. " I was at the prison." Tara confessed. " With the governor." Maggie looked at her shocked. " Uhm, I didn't know who he was. Or what he could do. I didn't know who all of you were." She continued. Maggie looked down, " i just didn't want it to be hidden. That I was there." Maggie looked back up at her. " You're herr with us now, thats all that matters." Maggie said before pulling her into a hug. I gave a sigh of relief and sat back with Glenn again.

To know that in a few weeks I'd maybe be back to my normal life. This time, I have a bigger family and I won't ever let them go. I looked around at all of them, they all had smiling faces. Chatting and laughing with one another.

This is my family.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

That's it for now. Bob's gone die. They aint gone go to DC. Y'all already know.

~S,