Prey

Me and Rick were on lookout when he grabbed his gun and looked through it. He lowered it and sighed, " what?" I asked but he shrugged. " Thought I saw something."

* Time skip*

" No one else knows." Rick said. " You got a plan?" Daryl asked. Rick started walking, " we tell her we wanna talk. Away from the others." He stood by me and Daryl. " No, this isn't right. " Hershel said and walked off. I sighed. " We do this, we avoid a fight." Rick tried. I walked off as Daryl nodded his head.

Later on I was helping Glenn and them set up traps in the courtyard. We drove back up where Rick waited. He walked to us, " try to ride up to the gate again and maybe they'll get some blown tires " Glenn said to which Rick nodded. " Good idea." I adverted my gaze, " it was Michonne's." I told him.  He went silent. " We don't have to win, we just have to make their getting at us more trouble than it's worth." Michonne said, Rick nodded and turned to where Maggie and Carl came in. I gave Maggie a hug as she stood next to me. " Yeah, let's go." Rick said making us follow him.

I held the gate up as Glenn tried to reach the chain up. " Hey, seen Merle around?" Daryl came up. I stayed silent as Glenn shrugged. He came over and lifted the chain, " did he say he's sorry yet? Cuz he is." He asked me but I shrugged. " He's gone make it right. I'ma make him." He said again, " Daryl, he did horrible things to us. I could handle what he did to me but what they did to Maggie. It's on another level. Not something I'm just gonna forget that easily." I told him to which he sighed. I walked back and helped Glenn with the bottles. " You okay?" He asked to which i nodded. " Yeah, I'm good."

I stood and watched as Hershel read out of the bible to Maggie and Beth, knowing that what I'm gonna do shouldn't be though of in the presence of the Lord. Rick came in as they finished. " Rick!" Herhsel called, " what you're about to do-" Rick cut him off just as I joined them. " I can't, I won't." He said before walking off. I sighed in relief as herhsel hugged me. I walked after Rick, he was looking for someone. " Yn, find Merle or Michonne! Now." He sounded concerned so I ran around the prison only to find nothing.

I met back with him and Daryl. " Can't find them." I told him. " C'mon." Daryl said, we followed him. " He was is here. Said he was looking for drugs." Daryl said. " He took her here." He said " dammit." Rick said. " We gotta go after them." He said to which I nodded. " Y'all can't track for shit." Daryl stopped up. " Then come with." Rick said but Daryl shook his head. " Me alone. He's my brother I'ma find him." He said before running off.

After that I walked to Hershel. " Look at us." I sighed and sat down. " He's one man, Yn. There'll be others like him." He said. " I know, it's like the walkers." He nodded. I took his watch out of my pocket and looked down at it. " When you gave me this, I didn't fully understand what it meant. I do now. I know what it takes." I told him. I pulled out the ring next. " I wanna marry Maggie. We dont have to have a wedding but I want her to know. Before...you know." He smiled. " You have my blessing." I nodded. " Thank you." Was my last words before walking off. I cleaned the ring as best I could.

I walked around trying to find Maggie. When I did I stood still for a few seconds, just admiring her with a smile on my face. I slowly walked to her, she turned to me and smiled. " Hey, Carl was looking for you." She smiled. " Yeah, I think we should head over. Rick has something to say." I smiled at her, " but before we go," I looked her in the eyes. " Here." I took her hand and lifted it to my lips, planting a soft kiss on it. I pulled the ring out of my jacket and put it in her hand. She smiled and nodded, " yes." Was all she said before pulling me in. We parted with smiles and walked to Rick.

" When I met with the governor he offered me a deal. He would leave us alone if i gave him Michonne. I was gonna do that, to keep us safe, but I changed my mind. Now merle took michonne and Daryl went to stop him. I was wrong not to tell you, and I'm sorry. What I said that first night, after the farm, it can't be like that. What we do, what we're willing to do. It's not my call, it can't be. I couldn't sacrifice one of us for the greater good because we are the greater good. This is how we are, how we live, how we die. I'm not you're governor. We choose to live, we choose to stay. We stick together. We vote. We can stand and fight or we can go." He ended by walking off, leaving us in silence. I sighed and rubbed my face when he walked back to us,

" Michonne's back." He said before going to let her in.

________________________________________

I know it took me way to long to update but I'm busy with exams at school and it's been hard. Again, I'll try my best to update as much as possible without doing it half hearted. I feel like I didn't put it all into this chapter but it's there.

~S