Road

It's been a while, we all lived on the road now. I sat next to Maggie and Lori. It was hot out and nobody spoke, we sat in silence.

Lori had grown quite big over the time we've been on the road. Her stomach was big and round and it really took a toll on her. I grabbed my water bottle and opened it before taking a sip and handing it to Maggie who also took only one sip. She then nodded towards Lori making me nod. " here." I said as I offered her the bottle. She went to decline but I shoved it into her hand. " drink, Lori. You gotta keep thay baby healthy." Maggie smiled at her making her nod and down the water.

We were mostly on the road, only stopping now and again to take a rest. We found an abandoned house and set up for the night. Carl came rushing into the room with a can of dog food which Rick then took and threw it to the far corner of the room. It made us all sit in silence, the only food we had was the owl Daryl brought in. T-dog whistled and motioned to the window, a few walkers made their way towards the house. We grabbed our stuff and threw it into the cars, zooming off once again.

They stopped on the road and got out. Yn making her way towards Maggie, giving her a small kiss before walking towards Rick. " wanna go hunt while these ladies wash their panties?" He sked the siblings who both nodded. They walked round untill they came across a prison. It's was filled with walkers. " that's a damn shame." Daryl said turning but the two Grimes looked at each other and agreed.

*Time skip*

We stood to the side of the fence. Rick was using some bolt cutters to cut the fence open and let us rush in. Glenn tied it back up with some orange wire, we made out way up to the top gate, walkers piling as we go. At the gate we gazed into the yard. " this place is perfect I heard my brother say before turning. I smiled, Maggie got on her tiptoes an gave me a soft kiss on my cheek which made e turn to her and connect our lips in a passionate kiss. I slowly pulled apart, grazing my teeth over Maggie's bottom lip before turning back to my group, knowing I had Maggie wanting more.

"If we could close the gate up ahead we could prevent more from coming in. We can pick them off one by one and have the field clean by tonight." Rick said as he looked around. I nodded and stepped forward, " I'll do it." I volunteered feeling Maggie poke my side harshly. I turned to her and gave her a reassuring smile. Rick nodded. " Maggie, go with Glenn and Beth and pop them on the side of the fence. Daryl and carol can take the tower while Hershel and Carl take this one. I'll wait for you by the gate." Rick said and everyone got to their places, Maggie being a little reluctant but still going. Rick put his hand on my shoulder and offered me his colt python. " be safe, lil sis." I smiled at him with a nod. He pulled the gate open making me sprint towards the gate. I heard a shot and a walker fell next to me making me shoot a grateful wave towards carol. I started killing a few walkers before pulling a bike chain through the fence and locking it. I ran back and threw my hand up, motioning for everyone to let loose. I shot at them, taking a few down as Daryl and carol started shooting with the rest of my group.

*Time skip*

We were all now sitting around a fire, I was seated with Maggie and Glenn. I smiled as I slowly slid my hand towards Maggie. I took her soft hand in mine and gave her a soft smile, she smiled back and pulled me towards her, connecting our lips. We were interrupted by Hershel asking Beth to sing a song but she didn't want to so he asked again.

" How about you sing the parting glass?" He asked again, seeming hopeful. " Nobody wants to hear it, Daddy." She denied again but I shook my head, " I'd like to hear, Beth." I smiled when our eyes met. Her eyes twinkled when she nodded and started singing.

Everyone had a sense of ease and happiness as they listened to Beth sing. Rick walked over and smiled, looking around. I was smiling while listening to Beth sing, when Maggie suddenly joined in making my eyes turn to her. She gave me a smile while singing.

At that moment I knew that I was falling in love with her. She was the girl of my dreams, I was for once glad that this apocalypse started, otherwise I would probably never had met Maggie. Everything about her was absolutely perfect, from her striking green eyes to the small freckles that littered her cheeks. Her smile instantly made me feel better, even if times were tough.

I knew that, this woman was one of a kind and that I needed to cherish her. I knew in that moment that I wanted to marry Maggie Greene. Even of the world was against us, I would give my life for this woman.

The song slowly came to and end, leaving a comfortable silence among the group, Maggie leaned her back into my front and interwined our fingers as I wrapped her in my embrace. I looked around the group, Rick did too. He had a look of love and proudness on his face as our eyes met.

For once, life was seeming to look up. Maybe we could start our new life, be safe. Right here, in the prison.

//////////////////////ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ////////////////////////

I know it's a bit short but I had to grab a chance at a good ending. I love this book.

~S