Old News

I was finally awake. I still felt awful but I was glad to be alive, I couldn't thank Maggie and Hershel, Bob, Daryl, Sasha and Michonne enough. Most of them were up and good to go but because my body went a bit too long without oxygen I had to stay in bed, not being strong enough. Glenn stayed with me, he still felt bad but he was better than me.

Right now he was out getting me some water when Maggie came in, she sat with me as I smiled. " I could use a vacation." I joked to which she laughed. " Yeah." " Y'know, we should go for our anniversary." I said to which she nodded with a smile. " Start packing, I know just where to go with you." She leaned down and pressed a kiss to my shoulder, " I'll go check where Glenn's with your water." She said but I shook my head. " I'll do it." I went to get up but she pushed me down. " I'll do it, you need to rest." She smiled again before leaving. Glenn came back after a few minutes saying Maggie told him to check up on me, Rick called her out so we sat and talked.

In a few minutes everyone was in a hushed panic. They were all being taken to the emergency busses, gunshots were heard from every direction. Me and Glenn got up in worry when Maggie came in, she helped me walk as the walls got shot down. She took me to a bus where Glenn and I were told to stay put and that she'd be back. I couldn't just leave her but Glenn held me back.

I couldn't just sit pretty, my wife and my brother. My father was out there, I couldn't leave them. " I have to help, Glenn. Maggie, Rick, Carl, Hershel. They're all out there." I told him as I got up and started away. Glenn followed with determination, " then let me help, Yn." I nodded as we set off. We didn't make it far tho, we were up on a lookout when I felt my knees grow weak. My vision blurred and I suddenly felt the coldness of the ground as I passed out.

* Time skip*

When I awoke I was surrounded on what was left of the lookout, Glenn was gone. Walkers were grabbing at my hanging gun. I groaned and pulled it up as I looked around for Glenn, he wouldn't just leave me would he. " Glenn! Maggie!" I called but no one answered. I walked back into the prison, gun raised. It was dark and reeked of blood and dust. I found a still lit lamp which I used to guide myself. The cell block was completely empty, dust and holes in the wall was all that could be seen. Everything was left as is in mine and Maggie's cell, my pocket watch which Hershel gave me still there. I picked it up and held it close before putting it into my pants pocket. I grabbed my army gear from under the bed, sighing as I fell down on the bed. I could feel my head pounding, I turned to my side immediately locking eyes with the picture of Maggie I took back in the watchtower. I prayed to God that she's fine, that she's with Rick and the rest. Safe and waiting for mine and Glenn's return somewhere. I pocketed the picture with the watch, making sure it's safe before picking up the riot gear again and going to Rick's cell. There were baby formula everywhere, I took it along with the rest of the stuff I could. I packed everything I could carry. I stopped at the door and pulled on my riot gear, getting ready.

Outside I was surrounded, I took action. shoving them away and running. Halfway to the gate I caught a glimpse of a girl sitting in a cage, doing nothing. She was unknown to me so I wanted to leave her but then I thought about what Maggie would do. " No, we have to help her Yn. She's just like us." Her voice echoed in my head as I stabbed the walker and looked at her. I opened the gate and got in. My helmet came off as I grabbed her gun, it was still full. " It's full?" I asked to which she nodded. " You didn't even fire a shot?" She shook her head no.

I held her gun out to her amd picked up my helmet. " Let's go." I said but she remained on the floor. " Let's go." I said more firmly. " I was part of this." She said to which I nodded. " I know." I told her. " Then what are you doing?" She asked. I sighed, " I need your help.

We made a Molotov and got ready. I threw the bottle, the walkers going towards it as we got ready. " You need to stay close, alright. I'll help cover you but I can't do it alone." She nodded. We got ready and made a run for it. We shot and ran, when we got to the gate it was full of dead but we made a run for it. When we got to the road I saw someone sitting up against the burnt car, head in their hands. " Glenn?" I called. When he saw it was me he immediately got up and jumped on me with a hug, he sobbed and said sorry over and over. " Its okay. Hey, did any of them get out?" I asked his as I wiped his tears. " I don't, I don't know. I didn't see." He said. The girl chipped in.

" All I saw was my sister in that field. She wasn't supposed to be there, I did it for them. I trusted him and he just chopped that old guy's head off." She said which made me and glenn stop in out tracks. " Hershel?" My voice shook. " W-was his name Hershel?" Tears ran from my eyes, down my cheeks as I watched her face morph into guilt. She nodded which made my heart drop, " I'm sorry, he- Brian said you were bad people. But you aren't. I-Im a piece of shit. You don't want my help." She turned away from us. " We don't want it, we need it." Glenn told her. I sucked in a breath, " I have to find Maggie." I told her. " Who's Maggie?" She asked. " She's my wife." I told her to which she nodded. " We got off the bus to help and she didn't see us." I added to which she nodded. " How do you know she made it?" She asked but I shook my head. " I dont know, but Hershel. Maggie's father was a great man, he told me all I have to do is believe and thats what I'm gonna do. I mean, none of us should be alive right now but here we are." She nodded. " She got out, you're gonna help us find her." I told her and began walking, Glenn followed. " I wanna believe that. I do." She said. I sighed but turned when I heard walkers. I dropped my bag and grabbed a knife. I went to kill them but one grabbed me, before Glenn could react and kill his then mine, the girl came up and stabbed it. She helped me up as Glenn killed the last one. I felt the air leave my lungs, my eyes shut and darkness overtook.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rosita's comingggg.

~S