New Day

It's been a few days in Alexandria. I woke up this morning with the brightest smile in my face, Maggie was already awake and staring at me. " Staring's rude." I said smiling at her. She shrugged, " I can't help it. I've got to take in all nine missed years of staring." I chuckled as she got up. She patted my chest, " remember when we used to walk around the place each morning. Get up." She said. She went to get dressed. I opted for some plain black jeans and a grey shirt.

I walked downstairs. " Hey Ma!" Hershel called from the kitchen. I gave his back a pat and grabbed some water. We finished up and took a short walk around Alexandria. People were still working, everyone was out and about. " You used to walk around thus early every day?" Hershel question to which i laughed. " Even earlier you little rat." Maggie poked his shoulder. " Remember the song you used to sing me?" She asked. Hershel beamed at me as I nodded, " you are my sunshine, my only sunshine..." I sang with a smile. They finished it off, " ...you make me happy when skies are grey" Maggie cut Herself off and glared at something a bit away, Negan. " You'll never know dear, how much I love you." Hershel continue but I was now glancing between the two too. " Please don't take my sunshine away." I sang along while squeezing Maggie's hand. She gave me a small smile and continued on.

We walked on in small talk. It wasn't a long walk, we soon got back to the house in time to see King rounding the corner. " Yn, damn. I have to put a tracker in you." She smiled. I shook my head and turned to her, Hershel walking in. " We need some help on the wall." She asked.

-

I helped at the wall untill I heard a commotion. " Lets check it out." I nodded and jogged after King. We stopped when we got to the gate. Everyone was throwing insults at Negan. He just smiled at me and walked off, into the yard.

Both me and King gave one another a knowing look. This guy isn't gonna end well.

-

We were strapping up. Maggie had us go in a new mission with a few of our people. It was dark out, they pried the glass roof window open and we slowly lowered in. I wasn't exactly happy with this idea, Maggie and King having to come with but I was there nonetheless.

There were bodies all over the floor, we made our way over to a wall. Crates lined it. I was just behind Rosita. Magna picked the lock on a door while we stood in alert. The lock snapped loudly making me subconsciously grab onto my crossbow. We walked in, going around. It was like every other mission I did back with King and them.

I helped magna open a crate. We packed in as many of the bags we could. Carol and King were helping to haul them back up with the wire. Another one got sent, me and Maggie anxiously making eye contact. I heard a snap, Daryl grabbed onto the wire and held the bag up. I was now on alert with my knife out, crossbow slung on my shoulder.

One groaned, I went to end him but King stopped me. He had alerted the others around him. I glanced at Maggie who looked worried. They began standing. I got my crossbow out and started what I could. King went in melee so I focused on her and Rosita most. Carol shoved a gun into my hand but they were empty. I saw Maggie fighting off one making me rush to her and kill it. She gave me an unbelievable look and turned back to the group. I went in with my knife but carol's gunshots cut me off. She handed me a gun with a fresh mag. I let out on the group, watching Daryl and them lift our people up slowly. I nodded to King and back to the rope. She shook her head but I did it again making her throw up a middle finger at me and run towards it making me smile. She went up after Magna.

What's left of us went up, carol being last. She unclasped and ran off somewhere. I sighed and helped Daryl take some out from above, my arrows running low. She grabbed mire packs and clasped herself in. I helped Jerry pull her up. I sat back with a sigh.