Pushing through

It was the next day and we were getting ready to head in. Rick wanted to clear out some more. He thinks we can find some supplies in there, an armory or medbay.

Rick turned to us, " you ready?" We nodded and got our weapons ready. It was me, Maggie, Rick, Glenn, T-dog and Daryl. We formed a circle, protecting each side. Maggie left formation to stab a walker, I pulled her back. " stay by my side." I told her to which she nodded.

We heard more groans coming from a few armoured guards. Daryl tried shooting it with an arrow but it ricochet off of the helmet. Maggie rushed forward and pushed it's head up before plunging her knife into its head. My eyes went just as wide as hers as she turned to us, " see that?" She questioned. Everyone started doing what she did. They soon cleared the place making me and Glenn sigh and walk towards the gate.

" Hold on, wait. We need to push through some more." Rick said his hand finding my shoulder. I shrugged, " we cleared the area. It's now clear." I stated. He shook his head, " that's a civilian. We can't risk walking into blind spots. We need to get ready." I nodded as we walked in, the door creaking. We walked more and found a guars, Rick went up and grabbed it's keys after killing him. We followed him as we raised our gun. I looked up and read what was written in bold red letters.

Cell block C

We headed inside and cleared it out before heading out and grabbing our stuff. I stood infront of two cells. Maggie peeked out of the one smiling, " you wanna room with me?" She asked. I smiled and headed towards her but Glenn stopped me. " Nuh uh, she's my best friend. C'mon." He grabbed my arm but Maggie the other one in her hold. " well, she's my girlfriend. I think she should stay with me." She shot a glare at Glenn. " what? So I can hear you two fucking all night? No way." He retorted and pulled on me. " well, I'm not gonna listen to you two acting like children all night." She tugged me to her. Glenn turned to me. " I'll give you five comics of your choice if you room with me." He said which made me smile and take a step to him but Maggie tugged me and whispered in my ear. " I can give you all you'll ever need if you come with me, baby." She said in a seductive voice which made my stomach turn. I glanced at Glenn with a sympathetic look. " Sorry Glenn. I'll come have sleepovers with you." I said. He sighed in defeat and nodded, grumbling as he turned around.

I walked in and set my stuff down before sitting next to Maggie. " so it took me almost seducing you to get you to stay with me? You almost chose some comic books over me." She joked while shoving me softly. I laughed. " You know I would have chosen you. I would only have got me my comics and left. Plus, they're not just 'some comic books'." I playfully glared at her before laughing. Our laughter died down as I glanced at her with a smile.

" how in hell did I get so lucky?" I asked as I looked at Maggie. She smiled and looked me in the eyes, " not hell, just earth." She said but then looked down making me frown slightly and put my finger under her chin. " Yn, would you still like me if the apocalypse didn't happen?" She asked in a soft voice.

I looked at her with sad eyes and nodded. " of course I would. You're the woman I've always dreamt about." I replied, my voice soft as well. She sighed. " it's just, before this you were someone famous and we'll known. With a real purpose but I was just some farm girl. We would have never been a likely couple." I was angry that she thought of herself like that. I put my hands on the sides of her face an frowned. " Maggie Greene, You would never have been just some 'farm girl'. If we met in the real world and it took me having to disown my career for you... Then I would have done it. Nothing in this world compares to my love for you. I would have thrown my career to the waters if it meant I could hold you and take you places like Paris or Hawaii. " I told her with all the sincerity I had. Her lower lip quivered as she gave me the biggest smile ever. I pulled her into me and hugged her as she hugged me back.

We stayed in that position untill it was time to get some sleep. Even them we fell asleep in one another's arms. I was happy with my life for once.

*Time skip*

It was now the next day and I was geared up along with Maggie, Glenn, Hershel, Rick, T-dog and Daryl. I held my weapon closer to me as I readied myself seeing Daryl open the gate. We rushed in and was immediately met with darkness. Glenn sprayed huge arrows as we all continued. I turned and came face to face with Glenn. We both gave out a yelp and jumped back, Maggie instantly grabbing my arm. " fucking asshole, don't do that." Glenn said holding his chest. I huffed and apologized to him before looking for Rick.

I was always terrified of the dark and Rick knew that. Rick gave me a reassuring smile before we continued on. The group got split up, Yn and Maggie hid in a small room before they could continue. They rushed over when they heard a scream, Hershel's scream. When they got there Maggie started screaming and crying, seeing Rick and Glenn helping Hershel. They ran through the halls untill finally finding the cafeteria, Glenn, T-dog and Yn held the door as Rick and Daryl knelt by Hershel. Maggie was crying, not knowing what to do.

Rick pulled out his axe and began hacking off Hershel's bitten leg making the old man pass out and Maggie run to me. She grabbed onto me, my arms going around her waist while I still pushed on the door with my back. I held her as she cried untill Daryl pointed at something with his crossbow.

" duck." He grumbled to my brother making me look to where he's pointing. It was a group of prisoners.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't think I'd be able to hack someone's limb off if a zombie bit it. I'm too much a pussy to do that.

~S