Everyone

I stood by Glenn, waiting for Maggie and them to come back. We didn't find anything and by the looks of it they didn't either.

We got back in and drove off, not for long tho. It stopped without fuel. We had to walk.

I walked a bit behind Maggie, next to Glenn. I kept glancing at her. " She's still doing bad?" He asked me as carl walked up to her. I nodded, " it's bad, in both accounts." He sighed. " They used to joke these things were the left overs from hair shirts." I watched Gabriel walk up to Maggie next. " The fuck is a hair shirt?" I asked Glenn who shrugged. " The church used to make shirts out of hair. " He said. I felt a chill run up my spine, ( I legit had to Google if this crap is true. Yuck.) " I know what it is. My daddy was religious." I thought back to Hershel, dropping my hand to the pocket where his watch was. " I used to be." She added. " You're one to talk about your father or Beth." She cut him off. He was getting too personal so she shut it down.

We could hear the group of biters behind us but none of us had the strength to do anything about it. Rick wanted to make a pit stop at a crossing. The walkers were coming closer but we stood. We all unwillingly started finnesing them, shoving them into the creek below. We had to go in with knives after Sasha fucked our plan.

The walk back to our group was felt, we were going for how long untill Glenn pointed out some cars. We raided them as best we could, i walked with Glenn, looking through each one when I heard a slam. It was Maggie, she slammed the boot of a car but turned back and tried opening it again.  I watched her lose her nerve so I walked up. She pulled her gun and aimed at the lock as I placed my hand on her arm. " Mags," I called. " There's one in there. It's still in there." She said. I nodded and wiggled the keys untill I felt a pop, a tied up walker.

I grimaced and stabbed it, turning back to her. " Let's go." I gave her a small smile, squeezing her shoulder. We found next to nothing, some whiskey and stuff. " All he found was booze?" Tara asked to which Rosita nodded. " Its just gonna make things worse." Tara said again. " He's a grown man, and I truly don't think things can get worse." Eugene cut in. Before any of us could say anything else we heard growling. It was dogs, I grabbed my knife, making sure to keep Maggie behind me. The dogs began dropping, Sasha shot them. Rick stood and walked over to it with a stick.

-

It was scraping the bottom at this point. We were eating god damn dogs. I grimaced, taking the tiniest bite, Glenn too. Everyone was having feelings of their own, none speaking.

We got over it quickly, getting back onto the road. I've not seen Maggie drink anything since we started back up. " Maggie, drink please." I held out mt bottle to her. " No." She answered simply. " Please?" I asked but she stayed silent this time. " At least talk to me." I asked. " I never thought she was alive, after daddy I didn't know. After what Daryl said I had hope. Then finding out she was and then wasn't. Seeing her like that. I dont know if i wanna fight it anymore." I cut her off. " You do, that's who you are. We fought to be here and now we have to keep fighting." I said handing her the bottle. " Drink, please." She nodded and took a sip. After Maggie I handed the bottle to Glenn and motioned to Daryl.

" Woah woah." Rick said stopping us. Up ahead there were bottles of water placed with a note. " From a friend?" Rick read off. He turned when Daryl appeared and handed him the note. " What else are we gonna do?" Tara asked. Rick shook his head, " not this. We dont know who left it." Rick said. " If it's a trap then we're already in it." Eugene had a point. " What if they put something in it" carol said. Eugene lunged forward and grabbed a bottle, unscrewing the cap and taking a gulp. Abraham slapped the bote from his hand, " we can't." I nodded at Rick's words." It started raining making almost all of us instantly grow smiled. I glanced at the frowning faces, Maggie, Sasha and Daryl. " I'm sorry my Lord." Gabriel said making me frown. " Its getting bad." I told Rick. " There's a barn up ahead." Darryl led us to the barn. We made sure it's clear before getting our people in. Maggie stabbed a walker as I stood behind her, " she had a gun. She could have shot herself." She told carol. " Some people can't give up, like us." Carol said.

We got settled, I helped with the fire but it wouldn't take. " He's gonna be okay." Carol said looking at Carl. " Growing up is getting used to the world. It's easier for them." Rick said. " This isn't the world." Michonne said. " It might be." I told her, Glenn nodding. " When I was a kid, I asked my grandpa if he ever killed any Germans in the war. He wouldn't answer, said it was grownup stuff. I asked if they tried to kill him but he got real quiet. He said he was dead the second he stepped into their territory. He'd get up in the morning and tell himself rest in peace." Rick said, I smiled at the familiar story. " He pretended he was already dead for a few years, he made it out alive. That's the trick of it. We do what we have to to br okay. No matter what we find in DC we'll be okay, because this is how we survive. We tell ourselves that we are the walking dead." He turned to me with a firm nod. " We ain't them." Daryl said getting up. " We're not them. We're not." Rick said. He shrugged and walked into a stable.

The winds were getting rough. I watched as it shook the door. Daryl walked up and shoved it closed making me get up. I could hear them, Maggie got up too, we threw out bodies against the door. Each and every one of our group too, trying to keep them out. I was pushing with mt hands, Maggie leaned up against the wall. I didn't get much sleep, I made sure Maggie was okay.

000000000000000000000000000000000

Phew wee. How're you sexy thangs doing this fine morning? Soo my school's starting back up tmr but I've got a few chapters lined up and ready. I'll continue to update but if the limit's reached it'll fall back a bit. Don't come at me.

~S