Sophia

Yn's pov

Everything went to shit after i told them all. Shane confirmed the barn is full of walkers and at the moment he's handing out guns to everyone trying to get them to kill all the walkers. He looked at me, handing me my gun, it looked almost identical to Rick's.

Shane went on his knee handing Carl a gun but Lori quickly interfered. I glanced at Maggie, behind me remembering our conversation earlier.

*Flashback*

I saw Maggie walking past the RV and,
once more, I went chasing after her. " Maggie just let me explain. I know you're mad at me but please." She turned to me and gave me a look. " I know you trusted me with your secret and I sort of stabbed you in the back but can you blame me. I'm looking out for my people, and you. After what happened at the pharmacy, it made me realise something. That I don't want you near any of those things. Whether they're dead or alive. Walkers or people. I vowed to myself that I'd protect you, even if it cost my life. I've grown fond of you and seeing you in danger like that just ticked me off and you can hate me if you want but I'd rather have you hate me and alive than liking me and dead." I looked down at her. Waiting for her to smash another 'rotten' egg on my head but instead got pulled into a kiss. I immediately kissed her back.

" c'mon you idiot. I washed your hat for you." She smiled at me, slipping her hand into mine, though it didn't last long because Shane started yelling and handing out guns.

* End or flashback*

She looked down, not wanting to meet my eyes. I sighed but my attention was drawn to rick and them walking out the woods. Looked like they caught two walkers like stray dogs. " What the fuck?" Daryl mumbled as I immediately took off running, the rest following me. " Rick, what do you think you're doing. Putting us all at risk like this." Shane yelled at him. Continuing his speech.

He turned his gun to the walker Hershel was restraining. Shooting it in the chest three times. " Would a normal human be able to take that, it's still coming." He shot it again. " That's it's heart, lungs. Would it still be coming!" He yelled getting the rest all worked up. He then finally shot it in the head and then went on to opening the barn letting the walkers free. " Get Hershel out of there!" Rick yelled at maggie. She rushed to her father pulling him back. My friends went into action. Andrea and Glenn, Tdawg all helping Shane. Shane shot the walker Rick was restraining as well.

" Maggie." I said. She nodded, tears streaming down her face. " Go." Was all I needed to jump into action. Shooting every walker I see standing.

I could hear maggie, Hershel, them all crying behind me but I had only one thing on my mind. Protect Maggie.

Soon the barn was cleared. Or so we though. Soft groans came from the dark, and soon a short girl emerged, wearing an all too familiar outfit. Carol tried running to the, now walker sophia. Everyone just stared at her, getting closer. Rick came up and held his gun to her head but couldn't pull the trigger.

Every moment with the little girl and her family flashed in my mind.

Meeting Carol on the highway while looking for lori, Carl and Rick.

Shane beating the shit out of Ed for slapping Carol in her face. I would of done exactly the same. I hate men who hit women.

All those hours spent searching only to come up empty handed.

Carol having sleepless night. Crying about her daughter.

The doll Daryl found that gave us all, well, most of us hope.

I can't believe she's been here, under our noses the whole time.

I raised my gun to her head, aiming and pulling the trigger.

Her body slumped to the ground. Carol screaming and crying could be heard from behind but I could only hear distant but loud ringing in my ears. I hadn't even heard maggie calling my name.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hope you enjoyed.

Advice and tips in comments

Happy day or night.

-s