Yn

Maggie's POV

I rushed to Rick and Glenn's side. They had Yn, holding her up by her arms as we ran. Bullets and smoke flying everywhere but I couldn't focus on that. I kept my eyes on Yn's limp figure. My eyes were red and wet as a sponge.

We rushed out of Woodbury and made our way to the prison where Rick and Glenn, again, grabbed Yn from me and rushed her in. " get her to the cell!" My dad yelled. They rushed her in and put her down in the bed. I dropped to my knees and grabbed her hand. " Rick, get everyone out of here. Send carol in." He yelled but I didn't budge. Rick pulled me out of the cell, I tried to protest but it did nothing.

For almost 3 hours I sat just outside the cell and sobbed till I couldn't breathe. Glenn stood on the other side of the cell door, his eyes just as red as mine. My dad was in there, ordering carol on what to do as he dug through Yn's shoulder. Rick was sat opposite of the cell door. His head hung low.

" She can't die." His voice sounded through the silent halls. I looked up at him, wiping at my still flowing tears. " She's the most important thing in my life, I'll lose myself if I lose her." He looked up at us, his eyes were swollen, his voice quivered ever so slightly. " I know, Rick. Hershel will help her. He will make my best friend feel better again." He said, trying to comfort both himself and Rick. I nodded, " He saved Carl. He'll save her too." I said, my eyes were burning from the amount I cried but I didn't make a move to leave.

We sat there and cried, even prayed, for Yn to be okay. My dad came out, blood in his hands and all over his clothes. I immediately shot up and rushed to him. " Dad, is she okay? Will she live? Is she awake?" I asked. He gave me a smile, " She's gonna be as good as new. She just needs to rest for a bit." He assured me. Rick immediately burst into tears and pulled Hershel into a hug. " Thank you, thank you." He repeated as he pulled away from my dad and rushed into the cell with Glenn right behind him. I gave him a smile and rushed in just as quick.

I fell to my knees once again and grabbed her hand. She was in only some sweatpants and her bloody sports bra. There was a big bandage wrapped around her right shoulder, slightly stained with blood. Her face and upper body had bruises all over.

I started sobbing, holding her hand to my forehead. " She took all my beatings. If not for her, I would probably be in almost the same position as she is now." I sad aloud. Rick sniffled. " what do you mean? What happened there?" He asked. Glenn nodded, also wanting to know. I sighed and turned to them, her hand still in my hands. " we were held in separate rooms, next to each other. Every time she'd hear them come into my room she'd yell to get their attention on her. I almost never got a beating." I explained looking at her face. " And the shirt?" Glenn asked making me look at him confused. " when we got there she was without a shirt. I doubt they'd try to, you know." Glenn specified. I sighed, " the governor tried to get me to speak. He ripped my shirt from my body and he-" my throat closed up. I snuck in a breath. " he bent me over the table and grabbed my belt-" I saw their faces fall so I quickly added. " But before he could do anything Yn yelled at them and they pulled me into her room where she gave me her shirt." I pinched the shirt and lifted it to show them. They nodded, Glenn put his hand on Yn's head. " This idiot. Always trying to put you before her own life." He muttered. I sighed and looked back at Yn.

We sat with her for a while. Rick and Glenn eventually had to leave to handle some work but I stayed.

It was early in the morning. I was lied next to Yn, my head on her side, seeing as her shoulder's hurt. I felt slightly movement which awoke me. I sat up and looked down to see Yn's eyes open slightly. " Yn? Wait, Daddy! She's awake!" I yelled out of the cell and rushed to help Yn. She groaned as she moved her torso. " Maggie?" Her raspy voice cut me out of my worry. " don't worry, baby. I'm here." I said grabbing her cheeks. " Are you okay? Did they hurt you badly?" She asked. Her eyes were now open and scanning up and down my body. I giggled slightly as tears streamed down my face. " how're you feeling, Yn?" My dad asked, coming up behind me. She smiled, " I'm feeling okay. Is Maggie okay?" She now asked him seeing as I didn't answer her. He laughed and shook his head. " Yn, you're really one of a kind." He said which made her laugh.

He did his check-up and left us be. I helped her sit up and grabbed a bottle of water. " Maggie, did he- did they-?" She tried but I cut her off. " He couldn't. You saved me from it before he even had the chance." I reassured her. She smiled widely and let out a sigh.

We spent the rest of the day in our cell, just in each other's company. I didn't want to let her out of my sight. I helped her and supported her wherever I could.

" Hey, I got it. Don't worry." Yn said as she pulled the brown button up onto her hurt shoulder. I sighed and grabbed the bottom edges, buttoning it. " I'm sorry." I said as I flattened her shirt and looked up at her. " Sorry? You don't need to say sorry, Maggie. You're just trying to help." She reassured but I shook my head. " no, I mean. I'm sorry for everything. If it weren't for me-" she cut me off. " now hold up. Wait, nothing was your fault. Maggie, I love you. I'd do anything to keep you safe. You and your father quickly became part of my family, I promised him that I'd protect you as I would protect my brother, but, I think I'd protect you more than I'd even protect myself. Without you my life isn't worth living. You make it bearable, nothing's your fault." She said, her fingers supporting my head so that I looked right into her eyes. She smiled at me. " you got that?" I nodded, tears forming in my eyes. " now c'mon. I feel like I'm dying in this cell." She joked and grabbed my hand. I smiled at her.

" I love you, Yn." I told her sincerely. She gave me another soft smile, " I love you, Maggie. To the ends of the universe."

############################

They're so cute, I wish.

( I won't be able to update as much, I got a 'school vacation job' that keeps me busy from 9 to 8. I will update, just don't expect it frequently.)

~S