God ?

Yn ( back to it, yuh)

It was early morning. I was still stood by the fence. I hadn't slept at all, I was thinking about everything me and that woman made through. I was the best woman to her and Rick's wedding. She was the one who begged Rick to attend my very first fashion show. We made it through everything. I was there when she was struggling with Carl, I held Rick when he cries in happiness when they found out it was a boy. I was there when Carl took his first steps and said his first words. I always made time for my family, even if it meant putting my career at risk. All of that was the happy moments in my life, I even though about all the sad or bad moments we shared with Lori. She might've been a lil bitch sometimes but she was still my sister. I would give everything to see her just one last time. To tell her that it'll be okay.

I gazed up at the sun, my eyes were burnt dry. I had no more tears left to cry. I heard rustling from behind me before seeing Hershel standing next to me. " a beautiful sight. Isn't it." He said looking at the sunrise. I nodded, not wanting to be rude to my girlfriend's father. He turned to me. " Yn, let me ask you something." He said making me turn to him now. Making eye contact with someone since the day before. I nodded for him to go ahead. " Do you believe in God?" Was his question. I was caught off guard, I didn't know how to answer the question.

" I mean, I've never really thought about it. No one in my family is religious." My voice was raspy. He nodded and looked down. " would you ever believe in God?" He asked again. I signed. " with how things are turning out, I don't think God likes us very much. If he even exists." I replied. He have me a small smile. " think about it like this. If God didn't do anything then you wouldn't have been able to be with your family as much. You wouldn't have met Glenn and Daryl. You and Maggie would have never met." He said. I nodded thinking about it. " but why did he have to take dale from us. Amy, sofia, Andrea. Why did he make us lose the place we felt safe in. Why did he make you lose your leg. Why in hell did he take Lori from her husband and son." I stated but he only gave me a smile and reached into his pocket. " sometimes God has to test our faith. He tested mine by taking my leg, and I got up again. He tested you by making you lose people you love for you to realize that you're a great person, a great leader and a great love to my daughter. He took Lori away from Rick to test him, for him to realize that he didn't lose his only family. But he has an even bigger one waiting to embrace him when he comes back. He took Lori from Carl to show Carl that he needs to be strong even in though times and he took her room you to make you realize that you need to protect what's dearest to you. Protect Rick and Carl, protect thay little baby, and protect my daughter. He was never being unfair, Yn. He was showing us what we needed through pain." Hershel answered. I felt my eyes getting wet but I didn't let them spill. He grabbed my hand, leaning on his crutch and pulled out a small, red bible. " I want you to read through the parts that I have highlighted and come back to me when you're done. We can talk about if God is real then, but now you need to get ready to go into town and keep my daughter safe as you promised." He smiled and pulled me into a hug. " I love you like you're my own daughter, Yn." Was his last words before he for up and walked off.

I spent my time outside, sitting down on the grass and reading though the highlights in Hershel's bible. It was all new to me, me and Rick never really believed but Hershel's words stuck with me. " Hey, miss fashionista. You ready to go?" Maggie came up behind me making me shut the bible on the last few highlights and put it in my trousers pocket. I turned to her and pulled her in, connecting our lips. We shared a passionate kiss before I pulled away. " Maggie, I'm sorry I ignored you yesterday and today. It was uncalled for and I took my anger and sadness out on you when I was actually supposed to protect you. I know you're hurting too, and I put myself before you. I'm sorry." I apologized to which she smiled. " what did my Daddy tell you earlier. You're a lot more talkative now, baby." She joked to which I laughed. " It's okay, Yn. You were hurting too and you needed time. I should have given it to you." She smiled and pulled me back in and kissed me.

After that we got ready to head out. Rick came in a while back, he wanted to check up on Carl. Me and him talked and I had asked him if he was okay but I knew that none of us were really okay. He went straight back in once we hugged it out. I dressed in a plain grey shirt and some loose fitting black jeans after freshening up. We stuffed our stuff into the car and got in.

I smiled at Maggie as my free hand found it place resting on her thigh. He hand rested on top of mine as we drove off to find the needed supplies.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Whoo, I really don't wanna have Mista G coming in but we all know it's gotta happen.

I wanted to throw in a little Yn x Hershel bonding moment seeing as he is technically gonna be her father in a bit and I thought ' what better way than to bring God in?'

Oh how it feels when someone got you smiling like a god damn idiot without her even noticing. How is my life so hard but I still get to see her face. (Oop vent incoming)

So, me and this girl has been friends for over 10 years and we started talking in the beginning of last year. We talked and made memories as if it'll be or last and by the end of the year we confessed. I liked her and she did too. We dated but she was super nervous and didn't want anyone to find out she's, yk gae. It was getting to our annual 'end of the school year' dance and I so eagerly wanted to go with her until she texted me the night I was gonna ask her. She asked me if it would be okay if she went with my best friend and me being the nice piece of shit I am said yes. They started hanging out and eventually I was left in the dark, we haven't talked this whole year except little questions if it was needed or short hello's. She moved on while I was left in pieces, to cry and hurt. She recently just texted me outta the blue and now I feel like I could cut my heart out for her. I, now, officially hate myself.

~S