Prisoners

We all stood staring as Glenn grabbed a broomstick, securing the door. The prisoners slowly made their way towards us. I instantly pulled Maggie behind me and held my gun up. " what happened to him." He greasy asshole in he front asked eyeing Hershel. Rick motioned Maggie towards him and told her to keep pressure on the would. " he was bit." Rick said, his gun out too. The guy in front pulled his gun and pointed it at Hershel and Maggie which made me move towards him and put my finger on the trigger. " don't even try it asshole. I'll blow your brains out." I said as Glenn rushed to us with a metal table. We got into action, lifting Hershel up as I, now, put pressure on his wound. My hands becoming drenched in his blood. Maggie ran ahead, yelling for Carl to open the gate.

We rolled Hershel into the nearest cell and set him on the bed where Carol started barking orders. My hands were covered but I didn't care. I immediately turned to Maggie who jumped into my arms and cried. I held her and rubbed her back as Rick went to handle the prisoners.

" We shouldn't have let him come." She cried out. I nodded, " we couldn't have known what would have happened, babe." I reassured her. She sobbed, " what are we going to do without him?" He rhetorically asked but I shook my head, " no, don't think like that. He's going to be okay, Carol's with him. She's helping him." I said, trying to reassure myself as well. She nodded against my shoulder, we stood there for a few minutes, I smiled at her before whispering in her ear. " I love you, Maggie Greene." I said to which I felt her clutch my shirt and smile into my shoulder. " I love you too, Yn Grimes." She responded before we pulled apart.

A few seconds went by then Carl came running in with a huge duffel bag. He threw it to the floor and grabbed some medical supplies. Lori questioned him on where he got it he told her he had gone off to find the medbay alone. " Carl, you can't just go off on your own like that. What if something happened to you, look at what had happened to Hershel and he was being careful." Lori scolded him. I turned to him when I heard him clicking his tongue. " Get off my back, will you." He responded to which his mother got angry. " Carl!" She yelled at him as he stormed to his cell. I held my hand up and followed him after giving Maggie a soft kiss on the cheek.

" Hey, that wasn't a nice way to talk to your mom, Carl. You know she only cares about you, wants what's best for you." I said as I knelt by his bed. He looked up at me with a frown. " I only wanted to help, and I did. I saw how it affected everyone so I took action. I'm sorry." He said. I was proud of the kid, he was growing up to become a great man. I put my hand on his shoulder and squeezed lightly. " Thank you, Carl. You've helped us so much, but I'm not the one you should be apologizing to. Your mother really cares for you, always treat your mother with respect. You don't know what that lady has sacrificed for you." I said and stood up. He nodded and stood as well. " I see that now, thanks for not yelling or scolding me like the others, Yn." He hugged me around my waist so I leaned down slightly and hugged him back. He then took off running while I returned back to Maggie who told me that Carol has stabilized Hershel.

Me and Glenn sat on the stairs talking while Maggie and Beth sat with their father. " hey Yn. So what's gonna happen? You gonna ask her the big question?" He said as he poked the ring that hung around my neck. I looked down at it, it was a really pretty ring. It was a thin silver band with a big diamond in the center. It had a few smaller diamonds littered around the big one.

I shrugged. " I've got to ask Hershel first, but now's clearly not the time." I said looking at him. He nodded in understanding. " if you need help or something you can always ask me." His hand found it's way to Mt shoulder. I smiled as went to respond but got cut off by beth yelling for Carol. Hershel had stopped breathing and she immediately sprung into action.

Maggie was once again wrapped in my arms as she cried in my chest. I heard the chain on the cuffs Rick put on him rattle as he grabbed Carol. I sprung into action and softly pushed Maggie into Beth's arms and grabbed Carol, seeing Hershel's eyes open. He lied his arms back down before his eyes closed again, he was now breathing. We all gave a sigh of relief untill we hear the voice of my brother.

He walked into the cell and hugged me. " You look like shit." He joked when we pulled away. " You too." I replied as he checked on Hershel. Maggie immediately stood by my side again, well, untill they saw Hershel's eyes open. Everyone silently cheered as I laughed and leaned over him. " you're one tough son of a bitch." I commented as I leaned back up.

He smiled at me and nodded. " you're damn right I am." Was his words to me before Carol started checking on him. Maggie hugged me with a huge smile. " Thank you, Yn." She mumbled into my chest which made me confused. " For what?" I asked pulled her away softly and brushing some of her hair from her face. " For being there for me and helping me through this even when you were uncertain." She said as she stood on her tiptoes and connected our lips. I immediately kissed back, embracing the warmth she created all over Mt body. We pulled apart when air became the problem but she still stuck to my side.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''

So, I wanted to finally do sort of like a semi-faceclaim for Yn but if you're not happy with my pick(s) you can always choose someone else or even use yourself, some of us aren't that confident😪.

I chose:

1: Emmy Rossum

1: Emmy Rossum

2: Phoebe Tonkin

2: Phoebe Tonkin

I would personally go with Emma but I feel like Phoebe would also fit for the girl I'm thinking about when writing Yn. Again, feel free to change the character up as you wish.

~S