Tried

" I saw the grenades, I tried to stop him. Nicholas was gonna run, but we made him stay. We couldn't get Aiden out of there. In the lobby, all he had to do was hold the door but he didn't. Noah, I had him, his hand. I tried, I did. I watched him die. I almost left him out there. You think I should've?" I asked him. " They don't know what they're dealing with yet." He said. " We show them." " They haven't caught up, they don't know what it's like out there." He continued. " We have to be here. You know it." He nodded. " Yeah we do. But their rules, we don't answer to them." I shook my head. " We are part of them now Rick. We gotta make this work, for Noah." He nodded and stood up leaving me alone.

I couldn't sleep that night. I stayed on the porch with Glenn. Maggie had tried to get me to come in but I didn't want to. I told her I'd be in in a minute.

The next day I was called over by some of the town people. Rick and Pete were fighting, I ran up and went to grab Pete off of Rick but he suddenly turned around and clocked me in the face. Rick turned him over and choked him as I stumbled back. Deanne yelled for him to stop, he pulled a gun. " You gone kick me out?" He asked. " Put the gun down." Deanne said. " You still don't get it. None of you do. We know what needs to be done, we're the ones that live. You just sit and plan and hesitate. You pretend like you know. You wish things werent what they are. If you want to live, your way of doing things are done. Starting right now we have to live in the real world. Take control." Deanne frowned. " That's never been more cleared than right now." She said. " You mean me?" He laughed, pointing to himself. " Your way is gonna destroy this place, it's gonna get people killed. It's already gotten people killed. I'm not just go-" Michonne cut his rant off by knocking him out cold.

It's what he deserved, I know he's my brother but waving a gun in the face of terrified and innocent people isn't who we are. What he's becoming isn't who we are.

-

I came to check on Rick. He was awake. " You toon the gun, right?" Carol said. Rick gave her a weird look. " Deanne is planning a meeting tonight." I said. " To kick rick out?" Abraham asked. " To try." " We dont know that. Maggie is talking to Deanne right now. She'll find out." I said. Carol gave Rick and alibi to which Rick shrugged. " What happens after all the nice words and they still try to kick him out." Abraham said. " They're guarding the armory now." I said, changing the subject. " We still have knives. " Carol said.

" Look, if things are going bad I'll whistle. Carol grabs Deanne, I take Spencer. You grab Reg. Yn, you and Abraham cover us. Watch the crowd." He gave the order. " We can talk to them." Michonne said to which he nodded. " We will, or we take them and say we slit their throats." He said. " Like ay Terminus." He was giving out an order I won't stand for. He might be family, my brother, but he's going insane. " No, we just tell them. We get the armory and it's over." I can't help but think, " did you want this?" I asked him. " No, I screwed up, and here we are. Now, I'm just gonna sleep some more." He turned away.

I walked out, not wanting to listen to this anymore. I took a seat outside and waited for Maggie. " You met with her?" I asked when she came up. She nodded. " So?" I asked. " What we thought. I'm gonna talk to people, I'll try and solve this." She said. I gave her a look, not knowing if it'll work. " What?" She asked sitting down next to me. " I love you." I told her with a smile. " We're gonna work it out." She reassured me, pulling me in for a hug. " See you tonight." She said to which i nodded, watching her walk off.

A sound caught my attention. It was Nicholas climbing over the wall, I thought Glenn told him not to go out anymore. I quickly got up and followed after him, scared that he'll do something stupid. I followed after him, watching him disappeared behind a bush, where we killed the walker. I turned, looking for him but I was cut off by a gunshot. I got shot it the shoulder, I tumbled down the slope but got back up, hiding.

It was Nicholas. I followed him and when he got distracted by a walker I shoved him up against the tree, hitting the shit out of him. He threw some punches back but I took him down. He did a low blow by shoving his finger into the bullet wound. I screamed out, watching a walker approach.

At the last second he jumped off of me letting the walker fall onto me. I was weak, my vision seemed grey as I fought the walker off, more stacked up as i held them off. I grabbed my knife, killing the ones that piled. It was painful as shit to get up with my shoulder bleeding everywhere but I had to. I followed after Nicholas as he ran through the forest, when I got close enough I gave him the final blow before grabbing onto his neck. " Noah died because of you. Me and Glenn almost died because of you. Glenn tried to tell you how it has to be and what, you try to kill me?" I held my gun in hand. " I'm sorry, sorry." He said, crying. " Shut up." I yelled at him.

I couldn't do it, I couldn't pull the trigger. I got off of him and wiped the tears forming in my eyes. I helped him up, both of us limping to the gate. This is who I am. Not a killer, not a leader, or a follower, I'm my own person.

No one has even come to the edge of what I've done to stay alive. What if done for my family, my brother and my wife, and I'd do it again.

√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√

Glenn was a boss ass bitch for not killing him.

Also I was literally using what's left of my strengs to write this. Jk, I've been told I'm super overly dramatic when I'm hungover. I'm sorry for this shit eating Chappie. I'll do better😮‍💨
~S