walkers in the barn

Yn's pov

After what I saw in the barn I couldn't sleep. I was wide awake, fearing the worst.

Maggie made me double pinky swear that I won't tell anyone about the barn but it's been eating at me and I can't take it. It was close to afternoon when I went over to the RV, Dale was keeping watch as always. I climbed the ladder and joined him at the top.

" Hey Dale. I can trust you, right?" I ask him, thinking about telling him. " Yeah, why do you ask?" He gives me a smile and sits in his chair. " What would you do if you found something that could potentially put the whole group at risk out but someone you dont wanna backstab or cross made you swear you wouldn't tell?" I could feel his worried eyes, so I looked at him. A hopeful look on my face. " Well, I'd tell rick immediately. If it's a potential threat, what's stopping it from becoming an actual one?" He asked. I groaned and mumbled. " A bit wooden plank." He snapped his head towards me again making me break inside. " There's, uhm. There's walkers in the barn." I told him, his eyes went wide. " You have to tell rick." He said but I shushed him. " I know I just, Maggie made me swear." He sighs and cocks his head to the side but stayed silent.

Some time went by and Dale asked me to take over watch, he had something to go do. I agreed but soon regretted it as I was him follow Hershel into the stables up far. " Shit, Dale don't do me like this." I mumbled as I saw Glenn walk by. " Hey do me a solid and take over watch for a few?" I asked him and he nodded. " Sure, got nothing else to do." We switched places and I jogged the whole farm through looking for Maggie. I found her walking towards rick and them with a huge basket of fruit. " I fucked up." I confess but the look on her face tells me she already knows. " Oh I know. You couldn't keep you mouth shut a d now my dad's furious at me." She glared at me as I adjusted my cap. " Aw c'mon-" she cut me short by shoving the basket into my hand a d walking off. " Hand those out and keep your mouth shut." She said to me. Not sparing me one glance.

I made a round through the farm. Offering everyone the basket. They all took one. I stopped at Rick and Shane. Rick looked completely off. " You okay?" I ask him, he looked at me and smiled. " Yeah just got a lot on my plate with the whole searching for Sophia. You can join me later on if you'd want." He offered and I smiled. " Come find me when you're going." I left. Going to put the basket away and heading back to the RV. Glenn got off as soon as he saw me. " Thank god, that sun burns my skin off." He joked handing me the binoculars. I smiled and took them and started climbing up. He jogged off.

I glanced behind me as I took the second last step only to see maggie walking past with a huge basket of eggs. " Wait. Maggie, hold up." I put the binoculars on the roof and jumped down the few steps. She continued walking so I ran up to her and got infront of her, making her stop in her tracks.

" I'm a terrible liar Maggie. I can't even play poker, please just talk to me " I practically begged. She looked at me and then up at my cap. " Fine, give me your cap." She demanded. " Wha-" she cut me off once again. " You asked me to talk to you. I am, give me your cap." I slowly took my cap off and gave it to her only for her to put the biggest egg she could find in it and smashing it onto my head, it dripped from out my cap all over my head and shirt. " That was a waste of a good egg." I said but she shrugged. " I think it was rotten." I groaned and yanked my cap off. I got on top of the RV, putting my cap to hang from one of the edges on the side.

Just then Dale walked by. His bucket hat mocking me in the sun. " Any chance you got a spare hat?" I asked hopeful but he shook his head and took him off, throwing it at me.

That's where I spent the rest of my time. Anxiously watching the barn off to the side. I volunteered the night watch just so I could be sure and safe.

* Time skip*