Falling Flour

Lena's POV

It's been almost two months of holydays. School will be starting soon, in two weeks actually.

But I have to be there before to finish the new students' inscriptions for parents had to send their file at the address of the school office.

So, I make my way to my office and check out the huge pile of files on my desk. It was laborious, but eventually I make it to the last one, and suddenly, my heart beats a little bit faster.

Brandon Foster.
Father: Michael Foster
Mother: Stefanie Marie Foster.

I didn't allow myself to think about her once since that first day I met her. And yet, just her name on that paper gives me goose bounds and warm my body. It's like I can feel her arms around me again.

I can feel myself getting hot just thinking about her beautiful body.
No Lena, stop, you can't. She's a parent, you have a girlfriend, and she's married.

But why did I feel like that around her? All this gazes. Did I interpretated it the wrong way?

I finished all the inscriptions and head to my apartment. I want to enjoy the rest of my vacation, not think about her and try to stay focus on Nora.

"Hey babe, I am home." I said kissing her forehead.

"Hey, do you mind going to the grocery store? I forgot to take some flour to make your friend's birthday cake. Pleeease." She said pleading me.

"God, Nora, you've could have text me before I got home, don't you think?" I said, trying to remind as calm as possible.

"I am sorry, I thought about it just the moment I heard you open the door." she said, carelessly.

"Wow, so the first thing you think about when I got home, it's to send me away?" I ask, upset.

It's like she doesn't care about me. She wasn't like that at the beginning. Well, of course nobody is like that at the beginning, otherwise, I wouldn't have date her at the first place.

"Please don't start to make a big deal out of it. Plus, Jenna is your friend, not mine. I am being nice here." She said, returning the situation against me.

She can be a bit manipulative sometimes, it's the think that I hate the most about her. I try really hard to make this work, but I swear to God, she's not making it any easier.

Now, I just want to get away from her, even the grocery store seems a better place to be right now.

"You know what? I'll go, I need to clear my head since you decided to be like that." I said taking back my purse from the chair.

"What do you mean 'like that'?" she asks.

"Nothing, forget it, I am going now." And with that I get the hell out of here. I'm tired of it, but I still want to try, maybe we can build a family together, maybe we can be happy eventually. We just have some adjustments to do, but everything would be okay.

I park in front of the store and make my way inside, in the flour aisle.

I am even more upset than before because the drive to get here was awful, there was traffic jam all along. My favorite pen broke when I try to get it out my bag. And the reason I had to take a pen, well it's because Nora found it funny to put stickers on my license plate number, so when the cops were behind me, they said that the number wasn't visible, so they gave me a ticket.

Now the store is really busy, I am angry, my head is killing me, and I just want to be at home and mostly ALONE.

I get to the flour and try to figure out which one I should take. Then, when finally, I find one that seems good enough I turn around and someone, a guy I guess, literally bumped into me and ran away like he didn't even notice me, causing the flour's bag to break on the floor and of course, cover me of flour from head to toes.