Asking For A Chance

Stef's POV

It was just like my mother to show unannounced like that. She has nerves to come back here when she let my father shame me for who I was.

Sure, she defends me the last time, but that doesn't make up for the decades she didn't stand up for me, making me feel like I was more alone that anything.

I was so pissed at her. I didn't want her to meet Lena, and she forced it. I didn't want her to take Brandon with her and again she forced it. Why is she doing all this, why now?

And this leaving my father thing. What does that mean? Is she saying that it's because of me? Did she leave him for good or what? And where does she leave now, or is daddy keeping the house or something?

God, I really didn't need that right now. I was doing just fine with just Lena and my boy, now what.

"Babe?" I heard Lena said, as she came behind me as I was doing the dishes to calm my nerves while I wait for my son to return.

"Hum?" I respond as she come up closer, sliding her arms around my waist as she lay her chin gently on my shoulder, practically making me melt unvoluntary.

"Are you okay?" she whispers slowly as I shrug my shoulders.

"Yes, I'm fine, love."

"Stef, talk to me. I know you can't be fine after fighting with your mother. Tell me what you feel." She said snuggling in my neck as I finish turn off the water and turn around in her arms, meeting her soft eyes.

I hate talking about my feelings, she knows that, and I know she's trying to help me to get out what I have in my mind so I wouldn't keep everything inside until I explode. I hate it, but I know that it's the right thing to do for me. Besides, it's easier with her. So here we go.

"She just pisses me off Lena. Why can't she give a call to ask if she can stop by? And she said she left my father so she could have a relationship with me, but do I want that? Seriously? With the woman that didn't protest when my father was making me hide and feel ashamed. What's tell me that she's not filling Brandon's head with bullshit right now, hun? I can't trust her. Beside I'm sure she's here just because she was curious and want to see if it was a phase, she probably actually hopes that this, us, actually is a phase. I really don't get it? Can't she just leave me alone?" I blurt out, almost without breathing, as about the time that I finish Lena had a big silly grin across her face, making me confused.

"What?" I said, rising an eyebrow. And just with that she smiled even more and took my face with both of her cold hand, planting a big and firm kiss on my mouth before pulling away as I just couldn't help but smile, wondering what just happen.

"What was that for?" I ask taking one of her curls and rolling it around my finger. She let her hair natural much more often now, and I couldn't get enough of it.

"I think you needed that. Besides, it made you smile, I wanted to see that smile again." She said, smiling wider. Part of me know that she's probably just happy that for once she didn't have to pry to get it out of me.

"Is that it?" I ask, feeling this wasn't the end of it.

"Nooo..." she said, knowingly.

"Oh, oh." I sight making her giggle.

"Baby, I know your mother hurt you, and you have every right to be angry with her..." she starts as she smooths me by caressing my hair so gently.

"I feel the but coming." I said knowingly as she smiles at me.

"But... baby, she's trying, and I'm sure you can see that, right?" she said giving me a look as I sigh deeply feeling my stubbornness creeping up.

"Lena..." I sigh again as I try to get out of her embrace, but she didn't let me, she just press her body more against mine, and since I was against the sink, I apparently couldn't escape this conversation.