"I waxed the floors, grab your fluffy socks."

Enid sighed as she rubbed the cloth over the last spot, leaning back on her heels and wiping a tinge of sweat off her brow. Waxing the floor wasn't a particularly likeable task, but if Wednesday was able to do things like forcibly removing possums from the back shed, she was willing enough to take on the more mundane– and safe– task. Kk

Plus, it gave her an excuse to not help Wednesday with the possum situation.

"Okay, the wax has to sit for a while before we walk on it..."

It was at this moment that Wednesday returned, not a single drip of sweat on her body, her hair just as she had left the house. "I waxed the floors, grab your fluffy socks," Enid grinned at her genius plan. The fluffy socks were for movie nights, and since Wednesday couldn't walk on the slick setting floors, it would be hard not to agree.

"But I need to cook dinner, why would you choose this particular time?"

Enid rolled her eyes and hopped onto the tile, leaving the wood to dry. "Because I wanted to hang out! I'm off work, you aren't writing at the moment. It's a win-win."

"Enid, just because we live five minutes of campus doesn't mean we aren't finished high school, you don't have a job, we are seventeen."

"We live off campus because you wanted a bigger house, I'm allowed to pretend we are twenty-three and married."

"You are rediculase."

"But you love me."

"I never said I didn't."

Enid giggled and skipped upstairs, sitting on their bed and putting on her fluffy socks. Wednesday followed, sitting beside her and pulling out the computer.

"Where did you put the possums?" Enid asked as Wednesday scrolled through Netflix on a grand search to find something to watch.

"I moved them into the forest, they should do better there anyway."

"That's true."

Enid moved closer to her fiance, resting her head on the girl's arm. Wednesday pushed away the computer, closing it. She wrapped her arm around Enid and took the girl's chin in her hand. "I don't wanna watch a movie right now," she mumbled then pressed her lips to Enids.

Enid smiled against the lips of butter and roses. There were multiple reasons she knew someday she would marry Wednesday. Most were her words and her laugh. Her personality. But her lips definitely contributed. Enid wrapped her legs around Wednesday's hips. She was so small sometimes Enid had worried about hurting her, but after a year those worries had faded, as she knew her body would never let her hurt her mate.

She pressed Wednesday to the sheets, gripping her jaw tightly. "This is much better than a movie."

After what felt like an eternity the girls pulled back. Enid smiled at the girl below her, her lips wet and bruised.

A/N Okay um so...THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LONGER I PROMISE. I started this thinking the quotes as chapter names would be cool but tbh it just makes writing harder.