Rain

A/N: it's like two am I have to be up in four hours this will take me about two hours to write cuz I'm gonna go accidentally spend an hour reading some other book on AO3 but whatever.

Wednesday looked up at the sky, watching as darker clouds approached, as much as she loved the rain, she chose the responsible choice and started to head back to the general area of Nevermore.

(It's now three am cuz I did exactly that. Ima go sleep now, finish this later. Normally I'm good till four but 😭)

(It's now four and I'm still up)

(It has been three monthes but I'm writing again :p)

Attempting to speed up her pace, the young Addams broke into a light jog, but the weather soon caught up and she felt as the first few raindrops hit the back of her neck.

Soon enough the few splashes of rain had turned into a downpour. Wednesday held her jacket over her head, though she couldn't see more than a foot in front of her face. Her boots were soaked, and she was pretty sure she could give a small child a bath with the amount of water in her hair.

Though tough, Wednesday was no idiot. She quickly found the largest tree and pressed her back against the trunk. This would be safe until thunder and lighting took their turn.

Reaching into her wet pocket, Wednesday pulled out her phone, typing in the password as fast as she could.

In the forest, it's raining.

Wednesday couldn't help but grind her teeth as she hit send, watching the message slowly deliver to Enid as the data was low here. She would never have sent those words of weakness to anyone else.

Once her phone was back in her pocket, Wednesday took the elastics out of her braids, running the water out of her hair. She didn't bother to put it up again, feeling as if her hands were to shakey for that. The sound of hail starting up made her stomach drop.

The Addams reached over, grabbing her jacket to-

Darkness. Wednesday felt a sharp pain on the back of her head but she didn't know where it was from. Her visions normally had images, movies almost, but it was clear this one had nothing of the sorts and never would.

Nauseous tendencies rose in her throat as she realised how never ending this pit of darkness in her mind was. There was no escape. No time or day. No weather. Just empty sound and space. Even her own words didn't work.

No. She wasn't like this, she was Wednesday, she wasn't this weak. Yet she fell to her knees, finding that there was no knees, just nothing. Because...she was nothing. She tried to scream. She tried to thrash and sob and yell, but nothing worked. Everything was gone. Forever and it would never come ba-

"Wen."

The voice cut through the silence, cutting out just as quickly. She tried to scream again but no words came out.

"Wa. En wa. Up."

The words made no sense. She wanted to cry, for the first time in ages she wanted to cry let them know she was there-

"Wake. Wen. P."

The words echoed. No meaning!

"Wake up!"

Up, she couldn't get up, she was trapped in nothing, she was in her own broken mind.

"WEDNESDAY WAKE UP."

The world pound down on her like a hurtle. The back of her head throbbed and her eyelids felt like iron. Her skin stung as little ice balls hit it, but something was there. A person. Shockingly warm hands rested on her face, rubbing up and down her cheeks.

"Wednesday? Can you hear me?"

Tears. Hot strands of salt bent their way down her cheeks even though her iron eyes stayed shut. "Yes." Her own voice worked, she was there.

A sob of relief, Enid's relief. Wednesday's eyes flew open finally, looking up at the girl above her. Her nose red from the cold, hair soaked and teeth chattering, a heavy rain jacket on her shoulders.

"Wednesday oh my goodness you were twitching I was so worried," Enid's thumbs rubbed over her face faster, taking the tears with them. "Come, we need to get you back to the car. Now."

"Car?"

"Mrs Weems drove me. I got your text like four hours ago and it still took me three of them to find you."

Suddenly the throbbing on her head became more unbearable, causing Wednesday to flinch and up to it.

"It's okay," Enid pushed her hand away. "You bashed it pretty hard. It's just a cut. Car."

Wednesday wasn't sure if she could get up. She felt so tired. Dizzy. She was stp dizzy. Suddenly she felt Enid's arms slip under her and hoist her into the air.

"What?"

"I'm caring you. Don't worry, I have all your stuff. It's a ten minute walk back to the car, only reason it took me so long to find you was because I took the wrong path."

As Enid stepped out of the trees cover, Wednesday realised how bad the storm was. Though she should have realised when the hail had come through the tree coverings. Enid's hood covered them both as she ran, jumping over logs and mounds of mud. Eventually lights broke though the haze in the distance and someone honked a horn.

Enid ran up to the car, opening the door to the backseat and climbing in. "We are here, out of the storm," she whispered gently.

"Is she okay?!" Mrs Weems asked, looking back.

"I'm fine," Wednesday said, but her chest flashed hot and she gasped in a breath, finding it hard to breath for a second before she felt okay again.

"Change, both of you," Weems tossed dry clothes and a towel to them. "And Enid, once your both in dry clothes just hold her, I highly doubt she doesn't have hypothermia, keeping her warm with your body is best."

Wednesday changed first, lifting her arms as Enid pulled of her shirt and pants, drying her with a towel before handing her undergarments and letting her change those herself.

The outfits were matching, and so so warm. A long sleeve simple white shirt with a brown fluffy sweater and gray sweats. Not the style Wednesday would have gone for, but at this point she would have worn a Hawaï print dress if it ment being dry.

"Here, don't buckle up just sit on my lap," Enid said, pulling her girlfriend by the waist onto her.

Though normally annoyed by werewolf ability to stay extremely warm in any conditions, (though their skin still looked cold as if that made scence), especially when trying to sleep next to a living furnace, Wednesday had never been more great full as she pushed her face into Enid's neck.

Enid hand slipped under the shirt, massaging her lower back. An hour later the car pulled into the parking lot. The rain hadn't slowed much, but Weems pulled out two umbrellas.

"Here you two will have to share."

Wednesday tried to push herself up, but found her legs still feeling quite weak.

"Can you carry me," she whispered softly, trying to assure mrs weems wouldn't hear her.

"You still feel weak? That can't be good."

Wednesday felt her face flush. "Not that weak, it's fine, I'm fine I can walk," she shook her head, reminding herself there was no need for this overly annoying emotion splay.

Before she could get up again, Enid picked her up, lifting her out of the car and opening the umbrella above them.

Once everyone was inside the building, Weems turned to them. "Go get some rest. If your still cold in the morning come down and we will check you up."

She she walked away Enid grinned down. "You know what that means!"

"Huh?"

"MEAT TO MEAT-"

"Enid Sinclair drop me off in the room and go sleep in the hall."