Blue and red makes purple

Prompt: Enid takes Wednesday on a slushie date. Wednesday didn't know what a slushie was.

"Can you remind me again why we are in front of a run down, practically abandoned, shabby store with broken windows?"

"Wednesday, it's just a seven eleven! Calm down, it won't kill you."

"The fact that we are getting drinks from it might."

Enid rolled her eyes dramatically. "We are getting slushies," she reached out, gripping Wednesday's hand and pulling her over to the door, a bell chiming as she opened it.

The two of them wandered to the back, Enid grabbing two mediums and placing it in her girlfriends hands. "Just look at the flavours and choose one you like! Uh, don't go for the Dr. Pepper or the Coca Cola though, they taste funky that cold."

She turned, quickly filling her cup with every pink or red liquid the place offered. Wednesday took a much slower approche, ignoring the flavours and looking more at the colours. In the end she concluded that the blue raspberry had the deepest shade of blue, and blue was the coldest colour, therefore less vibrent if you thought about it. She filled the whole cup with only that.

After Enid had paid for the two of them, they started walking. "I am truthfully scared this may be radioactive," Wednesday sighted.

"For goodness sake just drink it! You would think I'm trying to poison you!"

Cautiously, Wednesday brought the straw to her lips and sipped through it, instantly recoiling as the intense flavour of artificial sweeteners and food dye hit her tongue. "Well now I think you are. Disgusting."

Enid took the cup from her girlfriends hands, giving her hers instead. "Try this," she took a sip of Wednesday's.

Even more cautiously, Wednesday repeated the process, possibly flinching even more than the first time. "It's not bad, it's worse," she imitated a gag.

"You're purple," Enid giggled, sticking out her tongue. "Wha bou meh?"

"You are as well," she rolled her eyes. "That tends to happen when blue and red mix."

Taking back her own, Enid sucked through both the straws. "More for me I guess."

Eventually they reached the school again, Enid tossing the cups into the trash. "We need to grab my binder from Yoko before going back to our dorm."

The two of them wandered upstairs, Enid knocking on her friends door and waiting a bit before she popped her head out, grinning.

"Hey gays!"

Rolling her eyes, Enid stuck out her hand. "Give me my binder."

"Oh right!" Yoko rushed into her room again, grabbing the pink binder beside her bed. "Here you go."

"Thanks!"

"By the way, both of your lips are purple, and I know you hate grape. Blue and red."

Wednesday tensed as the door closed, turning to face her girlfriend. "My lips are purple?"

Wincing, she nodded. "We didn't like...do anything though, of course. It looks like we did though."

"What do you mean to imply."

"Like, if we had kissed or something, the colours would mix, so it looks like we did that..."

"Oh," Wednesday relaxed. "You had me worried that it was something more important.

Enid rolled her eyes. "You worry me."

"Why?"

Without awnsering, Enid grabbed both her shoulders and spun her directly against the wall, pressing her lips to hers. "Because you think his is normal," she mumbled.

"It is," Wednesday felt her shoulders relax as Enid's hands worked them, her face soft and way warmer than she was used to. Her fingers moved up Enid's shirt, running against-

"GET OFF MY PORCH."

Both of them broke appart, sending a confused glance at Yoko, armed with a broom and mini vacuum.

"This is the hallway!"

"My porch! Get a room." Without hesitation she dashed through the door, chasing both girls down the hall until they reached their room, slamming the door shut as Yoko swung at them.

"She's the one you should be worried about."

"Oh trust me, I am."