Pumpkin carving

Prompt: little Enid/CG Wednesday carve pumpkins!

Wednesday gripped onto Enid's hand as tightly as she could as the two of them walked through the grocery store, feeling as Enid tugged her every what way each time they passed any sort of sweet.

"Mommy!" She whined loudly, pulling on Wednesday's hand again. "I want puddings!"

"Enid, we talked about this."

"If we isn't here for pudding what here for?!"

"I told you it's a surprise my love."

Loosening her grip on Enid's hand as she  stopped pulling away, they continued going.

"Can I go up?" Enid asked as they exited another isle, starting to drag her feet now that she knew that she wasn't getting anything sweet.

Taking a deep breath, Wednesday picked her up, managing to get Enid's legs settled around her without tipping over. She couldn't help but wish she had brought the stroller.

"I promise you will like the surprise."

"Mhmmmm."

Reaching the pumpkins, Wednesday felt the girl who clung to her side perked up. "We carve?!"

"Figured it out hm?" Wednesday let Enid down as her legs swung back and fourth. She quickly bound over to the boxes, starting to check them all over.

"This one's HUGE!" She said, pulling a pumpkin larger than her head out of the bottom of one of the bins. "I can almost not lift it!"

"Is that the one you want than baby?" Wednesday asked, a much smaller one tucked under her arm.

"Yea!"

"Do you promise to carve it this year?"

Enid rolled her eyes. "I always crave it mama."

"Mhm."

The two went back through the isles, Enid holding her pumpkin in triumph as they reached the self check out.

B̥ͦr̥ͦḁͦk̥ͦe̥ͦ l̥ͦi̥ͦn̥ͦe̥ͦ

Once home, Wednesday took the top off Enid's pumpkin first, helping her wrap her hand around a spoon and start scooping until she moved on to her own.

It took her a few moments before she realised exactly where Enid was scooping the guts to though.

"Enid spit that out!" She jumped up, quickly prying the spoon out of her little's hands and sticking her fingers into her mouth. "Open."

Slowly, knowing there was no point in fighting it, Enid opened her mouth, letting Wednesday remove the now even more goopy pumpkin guts.

"We turn the seeds into chips, not eat them right away!"

"But it's yummy!" Enid huffed, crossing her arms over her chest angrily.

"It's even more yummy when mommy can turn them into chips baby."

Ignoring her, Enid picked up the spoon and started up her scooping again, soon enough emptying the whole thing.

"Can I draw the lines for where I cut the face now?" She asked, reaching for the sharpies.

"Mhm," Wednesday hummed, focused on her own cutting, a few steps ahead due to her much smaller sized project.

Clasping the sharpie between her fist, Enid started to draw two triangles and a large smile with teeth, looking back to admire her work. Nope. She re drew the mouth a few times before deemed worthy, than placed the sharpie back down, grabbing the rather dull carving knife.

"Mama?"

"What do you need love."

"Am I allowed to use the knife myself? I am five, old enough right?"

Thinking for a few seconds, Wednesday shrugged. "Just don't cut towards you okay?"

Enid quickly jabbed her knife into the head, aggressively chopping up the peaces, hardly looking at her lines.

"All done!" She tossed the knife aside, holding up the finished product happily. Though it was by far one of the worst carving jobs Wednesday had ever seen, she couldn't help bug smile as she watch Enid place it down and brake into a fit of giggles at its slightly crooked face. The way his teeth looked bigger than his eyes gave him a character she had never really seen before in something so inanimate.

"Best mama ever," Enid whispered, walking over to place herself on Wednesday's lap. "Ever ever EVER."