Never enough

The clock flashed four am. Again. Wednesday felt her heart sink as she rolled back over, looking at the wall. Some people would say close your eyes. At least try, but she had done that for the past few hours, it hadn't worked.

Eventually giving up, Wednesday got out of bed as silently as she could, tiptoeing to the bathroom and closing the door behind her. Five am. She brushed her teeth, re doing her hair and makeup. She changed into her school uniform. Same as every day. It was a repeat. Never ending. Every day was like watching the same video over and over again.

Wednesday sighed, exiting the washroom to see Enid was now up. She didn't say anything, just brushed past her with a smile.

"How are you always up so earrrly!" Enid asked the moment she was out again. "It's like you don't even sleep!"

"Mmm, fun," she didn't have the energy to pay attention right now.

Enid sat down next to her on her bed. "You good, you look a bit...down."

"I'm fine Enid."

And so the day went on. Class after class. Lunch she barley touched. Same grass, same conversations, same teachers, same clothes,same food, same voice, same body, same hair, wrong voice, wrong clothes, wrong body, wrong hair.

Wednesday returned to her dorm, dropping her bag. She was done, done feeling numb. She she did what she always did. She showered. Locked herself away in that warm room and placed a blade against her arm and watched the water turn red. Still, she felt nothing. So she did it again. She switched arms. She went down, up, her legs, her torso, her hands.

"Wednesday?!" Enid called, her voice snapping the girl out of her transe. "You have been in there for a really long time, you okay?!"

Wednesday felt her heart spike. The blood was everywhere, everything was red. She took the shower head off it's hook, washing everything down until only what was on her body remained, than she turned off the water and stepped out. The bleeding had stopped, but she still dabbed the cuts down before putting back on her clothes, ignoring the alcohol like sting.

"Was just finishing up!"

Stepping out again, Enid was already on her bed, computer in hand. "Wanna watch a movie than?" She patted the place beside her. "Come sit."

Wednesday just shook her head. "It's okay Enid, I have stuff to do."

Sitting at her desk, Wednesday pushed away her typewriter, instead writing by hand. She wrote out every word that came to mind, her poured her soul out. She would need it, she would need it soon.

The young Addams tucked the note into the drawer, standing up again. Her cuts stung more. "Okay, we can if you want now."

Enid smiled happily. They watched the movie than went to bed. Or Enid did.

It turned out she needed the note sooner than she realised, because before she could think, Wednesday was tucking it into Enid's computer.

There she was again. The bathroom, this time looking through the medical cabinets. By the morning, she was gone.