Midnight mayhem (Angest)

Prompt: Mental Brakedown and fluff...that's it.

Wednesday was done. It was a little past twelve, sticky jelly covered her hands, the rest of it on the floor, the jar around it in shattered pieces. She had washed it off but the residue was still there. There was a burning sensation on her palm where the glass had cut her, but she made no bother to cover it.

"I hate this," she whispered to herself in the empty dorm. Enid was at a sleepover with Yoko and Wednesday didn't have the energy to go get her. "I freaking hate this!" She kicked the glass and watched as it sailed across the room, hitting the wall and shattering more. Wednesday fell to her knees, her palms landing in jelly. It stung. That was good. The remaining glass at her feet wedged its way into her knees and elbows.

Thing had gone somewhere the moment the meltdown had started like he didn't care. No one cared. No one ever cared, she was a worthless stupid idiot who should die. She deserved to die. Why did she even have jam?! What had she been doing with the jam? Die die die die die. Tears rolled down her cheeks leaving warm trails of salt. The salt was in her mouth, it was drowning her out, she was worthless she was-

"Breath," someone's arms wrapped around her and took her off the floor, away from the discussing jelly. "It's okay, I'm here, let's get you clean."

The smell of cherries and chocolate filled Wednesday's noes. Enid. Enid was there, and so was Thing, the patter of his fingers against the stone of the bathroom floor. "I hate myself," Wednesday sobbed, taking grip of Enid's shirt. "Everyone hates me!"

"That's not true, come on, let's get you in the shower."

Wednesday took a deep breath. Enid was there, Thing had gone to get her, that's why he had left, he did care. She helped Enid pull off her shirt and pants and watched through tear-blurred eyes as the shower was turned on and Enid stripped to her underwear as well.

"Come on Wednesday, we can wash the jam off you, it looks like you are bleeding so we can patch that up."

Wednesday swallowed and shook her head. "I'm fine."

"That's the worst lie I have ever heard."

Enid took Wednesday by the hands and lead her into the shower, helping scrub at her hair. "Did you cut yourself?"

"Not on purpose I'm sorry I am I didn't mean to don't be mad I wasn't thinking I-"

"I'm not mad, is there anything in the cuts? Is it the jar? I can take out the glass."

Wednesday sat on the tiled floor as Enid worked as gently as she could, unwedging shards from her arms and legs until her toes were pruned and the skin on her hands was pale, then she took her back to the main stream of water again, shampooing her hair and trying to keep the soap out of the cuts.

When the water turned off Enid took out towels and dried her, then bandaging the wounds.

Finally, she left Wednesday with a pile of clothes and let her change, changing herself outside. When Wednesday stepped out she looked at the clock. Quarter past four. Enid was sitting on her bed, vibrant colours cutting into the darkness around her.

"I thought you might want a snuggle buddy," she said, smiling. Wednesday's heart sped up and he walked over, tucking herself in beside Enid. Enid took the blanket and wrapped it around them, leaning against the pillow. "Do you want me to stay for the rest of the night?"

"Yes."

"Do you want to talk? It's okay if you don't but it might help."

Wednesday swallowed, trying to make air run through her lungs again. "I don't know, I was scared...I just..." her voice cracked and she trailed off.

Enid took her girlfriends hand in hers. "It's okay."

"I was making a sandwich for tomorrow and I dropped the jelly..."

"And that's why you are upset?"

"No...I can never do anything right! I...I just want it all to be over."

Enids grip tightened on her hand. "Wednesday...oh honey...no, come on, you are amazing and perfect in every way, do you know how talented you are?"

"All I can do is write, I'm worthless, I should die, I deserve to-"

Enid took her face in her hands, turning the girls chin to her, and then leaned down and kissed her. "Never die on me mi amor."

Wednesday sighed into the kiss, letting her hands rest against Enids warm stomach. Enid, she was her reason, she would always ber her reason. Enid wanted her and that was to live for, because no matter how many fights, no matter how long they stayed apart, they were never over, or on a brake. They were just in love.

Enid pushed Wednesday into the soft mass of pillows, moving her lips to kiss her cheeks and eyes, any tears or splotches of pink that littered her face. Than she was back at her lips again, biting at the lower one until Wednesday opened her mouth, any worry leaving, replaced by pure passion.

"Is that better?" Enid asked, still on top of her girlfriend, legs around her hips.

Wednesday nodded and closed her eyes, letting the other girl rest her head on her chest and opening her eyes again watching as the clouds moved like they were breathing, each gust of wind was a reason to stay, each shine of light and every tear fallen or heartache. It meant life. Pain was part of being alive, but so was delight, happiness and joy, excitement. The world may push you down again and again and maybe it would feel like it couldn't get any worse and than it would, but even in rock bottom there were grips for your feet, all you needed was someone to throw you a rope. Enid was her someone. And no matter what life threw her way, no matter how many times she brought a knife to her body, Enid loved her, and would be there. Always.

A/N: That was exactly 1000 words- THATS CRAZY COOL. Or maybe just to me. This chapter is a lot deeper than the other stuff because this is something I struggle with, I know there are helplines and teachers but I never feel comfortable enough, but about six or seven months ago I found my Enid and...I am so lucky. Keep going everyone. Even if after you find your Enid you have these days, ask them for help. If someone says you have your life together don't lie. They might need your truth.