Under the bed

Request: I think putting Wednesday in the gloves and being given one of those dog puzzles or a ball dispenser you have to push around to get the treats would be pretty cute too. Especially if she loves it and accidentally gets it stuck under the bed and needs help.- Random_Name_Here (ao3)

Wednesday nudged at the tray by her nose, desperately trying to somehow get one of the treats out for the fifth time in a row, though she yet again had no success, only managing to bat it further away from her so she had to crawl over to it again. With a slight growl, she dived for it this time, sending both her and the tray rolling across the room.

"When I give you a toy, it's normally so you can be more silent while I do homework," Enid sighed, turning to look at the girl who was sprawled at her feet, her hood half pulled above her face and one of her gloves having managed to slip off. "Do I need to add locks to your paws?"

The girl at her feet giggled, her tongue sticking out in a slightly excited pant. Wednesday rolled over and shook her head so the hood came off, landing at her feet. "Arf!" She wiggled her butt in the air so the tail strapped around her waist wagged back and forth.

"Do I? I can, we can add some locks so you will stop bugging me you little slut."

Without responding, Wednesday went into a kneel and held out her hands so that the glove could be put back on, and they could both have locks added to assure the velcro wouldn't come undone again.

"You want it?"

Wednesday panted again, spit dripping down her chin where her tongue hung from. She pushed her hands out further, sending puppy eyes up at Enid, who just laughed and grabbed the locks from the drawer near her bed. She leaned down, pulling the glove back over her hand and locking it in place, then repeating that with the other one.

"Would you like your hood?" Enid asked, though it wasn't really an option as the leather was pulled over her head, leaving her hearing muffled and sight limited. "Go play, I'm doing work."

This time her pounce was slightly more effective, sending treats scattering under her bed along with the trey. Without a second thought, she went after it, managing to squeeze underneath and eat all the treats. It was only once she tried to get out did she remember that she didn't actually fit under the bed, and it was likely only her momentum that had gotten her there.

With a whimper, she tried to squeeze out again, but found she couldn't get past her hips, nor turn over. "Arf!" Damn it why was Enid working. "ARF!"

"I told you I was workin- oh goodness." Enid kicked back her chair and stormed over to where the girl lay. "How did you get under there?"

Wednesday giggled and lifted her paws to bat at Enid's nose, though her giggle turned to a whimper when she remembered her legs were trapped.

"Would you like some help out?" Her master gripped onto her shoulders and started to pull, managing to wedge her halfway out. "If you hadn't nailed down the bed we wouldn't be in this situation, Pup!"

She probably could have just pulled those up anyway, but clearly there was some stupid lesson trying to be taught here.

Enid pulled her again, finally getting her out and almost sending them both rolling across the floor.

"Can I go work now?"

No, she most definitely could not. Wednesday crawled over to her desk and sat beneath it, yawning and laying her head on her hands.

"You can stay there," she mumbled, rubbing the top of her head, though those made some deafening head scratch sounds echo around her ears.

Another hour passed before the book in front of Enid snapped shut, and Wednesday wagged her tail excitedly.

"Would you like to play now? You've been such a good girl while I finished my homework."

Wednesday barked, crawling over to her toy bin and grabbing her ball. She rushed back over and dropped it at Enid's feet.

"Want me to throw it? Want me to throw it girl?!"

"Mhm! Mhm!"

Enid picked it up and threw it over to the other side of the room, where the puppy quickly went for it and picked it up.

The cycle repeated for a few dozen minutes, until Wednesday heaved a sigh and flopped down in fatigue.

"How about we watch some tv and take a nap, hm?"

Wednesday crawled over to her dog bed, curling into herself and rubbing her nose against her arm.

"Hmm, how about Red Notice?" The intro started to play and Wednesday simply closed her eyes, not bothering to watch whatever boring show her owner had turned on. What a successful day of absolute ruckus it had been.

Enid laughed at some scene, walking a very disgruntled Wednesday back up. She stretched and hopped onto the couch, holding her wrists out and pawing at the locks, which were quickly unlocked and pulled off along with the gloves.

"That good?"

"Yeah," Wednesday mumbled, pulling the hood off, though she still half remained in her headspace, not bothering to try and deal with real world problems just yet.

Running her hand through Wednesday's hood hair, Enid started to undo her braids. "You are such a cutie, you know that right?"

"Not a cutie."

Enid laughed and itched the back of her head. "Yes you are!"

"No, I'm a sleepy."

"That too."

With another yawn she stretched out. "And you woke me up!"

"Oh you'll live, would you like to nap on my lap?"

Wednesday closed her eyes again, trying to ignore the sounds in the background. Enid's hands rubbed over her stomach and chest, calming her until her mind drifted again.

"Goodnight Wednesday."

"Nini..."